Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yeah yeah yeahs

• 24-11-2005 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭

Does anyone know when the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs record is released? So far, I've heard two completely conflicting reports as regards the musical direction- what (if anything) have you guys heard?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

i heard something should be released in january but that could be lies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

check their site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭Serbian

blu_sonic wrote:
    check their site?

That's probably not a good idea (you'll see why if you visit it).

http://www.yeahyeahyeahs.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

yeah, i know what you mean- i've been trying it for months now. i february myself, nut that was a complete rumour and in no way official...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

odhran wrote:
    yeah, i know what you mean- i've been trying it for months now. i february myself, nut that was a complete rumour and in no way official...
    does this make sense?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

no it makes no sense wat so ever to me now or when i read it last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

News from Karen O: YYY's finished recording on the 24th of August, Nick has been mixing in London with Alan Moulder and the album should be mixed and mastered by November this year and should come out some undetermined date in the first half of 2006.

How's that for ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

well it's exactly what we knew already
    but thanks for the imput

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

technobob wrote:
    well it's exactly what we knew already

no i think you'll find i was the only person on the whole world wide interweb who knew this particular nugget :p

ok, i really don't remember typing like that- unless i was suffering from an isolated and completely random dyslexic episode. my (rather confused) apologies to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Beastieboy

I've heard they are asking fans to design the album cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

<3 Karen O

that sounds really cool! i did hear that they are playing the festival circuit next summer, which would imply a release before then. i just wish there was a definite date!

I thought i'd dredge this up since they are releasing the album 'Show your bones' in the coming weeks (27th of march i read). I saw they are doing a UK tour in May, no Irish dates up though. Looking forward to this one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Me too. The single's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Album is leaked online, real ****in tasty! I love the tracks Way Out and Honeybear

I can't wait for next Friday! I have resisted the temptation to download the album, because Nick Zinner asked fans not to. It took serious will power though! I am pretty pissed that they didn't announce an Irish date, as they seem to have a pretty big fan-base here. I'm probably gonna travel somewhere to see them if they don't announce a date here...

Ye im definitley waiting until i get it in the shops, 'Gold lion' sounds real good, im really looking forward, Nick Zinner is one of my favourite guitarists, i've heard they will have 1 or two extra musicians on stage for this tour. Actually, i read Karen O is going to release a solo album after this, not sure she'd be up to much without the other two though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Just cos he said that doesnt mean ya cant download AND buy it, I'm still gonna grab a copy when it hits the shops!

Mr Rivers wrote:
    Just cos he said that doesnt mean ya cant download AND buy it, I'm still gonna grab a copy when it hits the shops!

I don't mind if people want to download leaked albums it's no big deal to me but i prefer to wait until i can get the whole package with the CD booklet and artwork etc.On first listen i like to go through the booklet, just my preference:D

• Advertisement

I agree, I love getting the art work! The reason that Nick doesn't want people to download the leaked version is because it's allegedly not the finished album and that the quality isn't up to scratch. As far as I know, the leaked version is also missing some songs.

It is true that the YY have recruited another musician to play on stage with them, a guitarist by the name of Imaad Wasif. It is also true that Karen will be releasing a solo record. It has already been recorded, but will not be realeased until early next year.

I just got copies of their 'Machine' and 'Master' EP's so that should fill the space until friday....

I don't have Machine EP. Is it worth getting?

Is Machine worth getting? Its really different from there other stuff even Master, Machines a good song. Graveyard is OK. And the PIN remix is just pure layered melody with little or no lyrics. €6.99 in tower records. I think two EP's don't really come close to fever but it's nice to have heard them.

Advertisement