Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Blaupunkt Boston RCC45

Options
  • 24-11-2005 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Dont know if this has been covered at all but I am looking info on unlocking code for a car radio, Its a blaupunkt Boston Rcc45. I'm presuming its a factory installed unit in a 97 VW polo.

I'll be honest and say I Know dang all about the workings of motors but I rang a VW dealer in the locality and he said he would have to charge 50+ Euros for unlocking code because he has to connect up to computer...labour...??

Could it be that expensive...?

Also googled it and came back with a few sites that provide unlock codes if you can get the serial number for around 15 sterling...I cant even get the feckin radio out to get code...:( <<Looks for crow Bar...B@st@rd>>:mad:

The radio Manual was not with car when purchased,
    As it happens its not my car, belongs too the little sis.

This is probably goin to sound even more dodgy but I want to get a Spare key cut as well :o
    Was told at same dealership would cost approx 90 Euros for key...and labour after that...?
    All this is goin to take approx hour and a half (coding radio, cutting key) !!:confused:

Am I been taken for a ride here?

Any help you can give me would be appreciated...

If it comes down to It I'll have to tell the sis to buy a new car...:D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Those prices sound about right, well not right but normal anyway. In the minds of the garages, they pay a lot for the equiptment required to do these things so they need these high charges to recoup the equiptment costs. Then their time costs a lot, because the time they spend doing it for you could have been spent ripping off someone else instead.

To get the radio out there should be a small hole near each corner, poke jewellers screwdrivers or coat hangers or something right down into them to unlock it and use them to wiggle it out. I don't know if I'd trust anyone selling codes online though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Id say youre being ripped off, normally the way this goes is you go down to the garage they take your chassis number, send it to volkswagen and a couple of days later you have your code, you type it in and bobs ur uncle...

I have never payed for this service, and I doubt the factory installed radio in a 97 pola needs a laptop to update the code...

Call another garage

As for the key cutting that sound about right, but always call another garage anyway, ones down the country are normally better to deal with in my experience!

Advertisement