Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National news for two weeks running. bah

Options
  • 24-11-2005 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

last week was about students being afraid to go out after dark, then this week was about our dear Prez' letter to us students RE: alcohol policy which we got about week2!!

christ, what are they trying to do to the college ffs.

:v:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

what paper was that in I didnt see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*cough* the star.

not todays actually, I'd forgotten to post on the day.

yesterdays i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Limerick Post carried it in last weeks edition I do believe. It was also in the Daily Star. There was a story about students here being afraid to go out at night and also one of the day earlier this week there was a mention of the email that a lot of people recieved about the Presidents warning to students to not act the ****e around the university and the surrounding estates.

I'm not sure if the paper had any kind of motive behind publishing these stories. I'm comfortable enough walking around college late at night myself although I doubt that just because I'm a fella it means there's less chance of being attacked. That said I'm wouldn't be willing to let any girls I know walk home by themselves I'd always make sure they get a taxi or I'll walk home with them.

Anyway back to the topic at hand this isn't just a problem in Limerick. There's numerous other places in the country that are far more dangerous than UL to be walking around late at night. Maybe it was just a slow news week at independent newspapers or something.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Anything in particular that trigger the email being sent by Downer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*shrug* can't recall off hand.

tis the same message that appears when you log into the student portal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement