Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding photos/pictures to sig

Options
  • 24-11-2005 8:26pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How do you add photos/pictures to your sig?

Havent been able to figure it out and cant fnd anywhere that tells me how.

Also can I upload my own avatars

Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Go to members.boards.ie
    Go to file manager, Sign in
    Upload your file
    Note: "For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed"
    Go to your CP, edit signature.
    Put the url of the picture into Picture Url tags

That should work...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Pacifico wrote:
    Go to members.boards.ie
    Go to file manager, Sign in
    Upload your file
    Note: "For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed"
    Go to your CP, edit signature.
    Put the url of the picture into Picture Url tags

That should work...

Thanks for that.

Cool sig by the way.

Trailer Park boys are savage!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just tried it.

Keep getting an error

Members - Manager - Error
    Username not found in the database

Please press 'back' and fix the problem.[/
    COLOR]

Is the system down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Can you use a Bitmip file as a signiture or does it have to be a url:confused:
    And if so can you change a bitmip file to a url easily or is it much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

kearnsr wrote:
    Just tried it.

Keep getting an error

Members - Manager - Error
    Username not found in the database

Please press 'back' and fix the problem.

Is the system down?

The system is not down. The problem is, you have to sign up a webspace account first. In the http://members.boards.ie/ page, click webspace signup, and put in the neccessary details. Once it's set up, you click on the sign in link, and you're taken to a new page. In the upload box, click the browse button, find your file and click upload. Let's say your file is called sigimage.jpg. You will now have a link in the files box which will show you the image, and in the address field of your Internet Explorer window, you'll see the important stuff. Copy the contents of that, it should be

http://members.boards.ie/kearnsr/sigimage.jpg

Edit your signature, and add this:
    [IMG]http://members.boards[i].[/i]ie/kearnsr/sigimage.jpg[/IMG]

The bit just tells the software that what you're giving it is an image, and not some other random URL(address to something on the intenet).  You can do this with bitmap files and other image types, but it is against the rules to use animated images (usually .gif). Sigs with animated images will be removed.  It is possible to upload your own custom avatar, but you must be a subscriber (a paying member) to do so. To subscribe, clickhere.

• Advertisement

Steveire wrote:
    The system is not down. The problem is, you have to sign up a webspace account first. In the http://members.boards.ie/ page, click webspace signup, and put in the neccessary details. Once it's set up, you click on the sign in link, and you're taken to a new page. In the upload box, click the browse button, find your file and click upload. Let's say your file is called sigimage.jpg. You will now have a link in the files box which will show you the image, and in the address field of your Internet Explorer window, you'll see the important stuff. Copy the contents of that, it should be

http://members.boards.ie/kearnsr/sigimage.jpg

Edit your signature, and add this:
    [IMG]http://members.boards[i].[/i]ie/kearnsr/sigimage.jpg[/IMG]

The bit just tells the software that what you're giving it is an image, and not some other random URL(address to something on the intenet).  You can do this with bitmap files and other image types, but it is against the rules to use animated images (usually .gif). Sigs with animated images will be removed.  It is possible to upload your own custom avatar, but you must be a subscriber (a paying member) to do so. To subscribe, clickhere.

Thanks very much for the reply!

Sorry to dig this up again but recently I noticed that my picture that i put in my sig had gone (dont know when it happened. Could've been any time!)

ANy was I went to edit it but I cant log on to members.boards.ie and the page times out.

Do you have to log on to another memebers area some where else?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There's a thread on Feedback about this. It seems that the members area is exctincted. So you will most likely have lost the image you had there. Sorry.

Try www.imageshack.us for free image hosting.

Gordon wrote:
    There's a thread on Feedback about this. It seems that the members area is exctincted. So you will most likely have lost the image you had there. Sorry.

Try www.imageshack.us for free image hosting.

Would you link your picture the same as stated in the rest of the thread?

Will check out fed back now.

Edit: imageshack does everything for you so all you have to do is copy and paste
    Edit: DOes any one know hoe to get rid of the image info at the bottom of the image?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah when you first go to the imageshack homepage under the bit where you browse for a file there is 2 tick boxes one to resize images and one to remove the info bar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement