Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW and Mac

• 24-11-2005 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

how well does WoW work on macs? i bought an ibook and was wondering if it would work on it. Are there any mac gamers on this forum that could help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Theres a few ppl in my guild who use Macs.

According to them, the answer is 'better'.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah I know a few people playing it on macs. The only problems I've really heard from them is that some mods cause problems. Other than that you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Well if, like me, you bought your iBook recently, your graphics card is a Radeon 9200 32mb (AGPx4). I wouldn't hold your breath on being able to play WOW decently with a card like that. Most of the Mac users I know who play WOW are using at least a PowerBook with a 64mb card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

hmmm damm. so what does it play like on your ibook? is it slow or just crappy graphics? I presume u can get other graphic cards for the ibook right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

I play it on an iMac G5 and find it much more enjoyable than on the pc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

yo how much ur g5 cost u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Thren

Well I play mine on a G4 iBook, which has the ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 (32MB) and I have no problems, other than lag and poor fps in IF at times - other than that is plays great, I'm quite happy with it! I also don't use a mouse, which causes it own set of problems too...

Thren
    Thanks thats what i was hoping for. i bought a mighty mouse to test it out and also to use for games, so hopefully it will work well with WoW...that is if my ibook ever gets here.

heya, a mate of mine runs WOW on a G5 and he said and ive seen myself and it runs perfectly......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭spritey

Graphics cards are all well and good but remember that WoW is a RAM eater! So you need to have a good load behind it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

tom_ass19 wrote:
    yo how much ur g5 cost u

just short of 2 grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

spritey wrote:
    Graphics cards are all well and good but remember that WoW is a RAM eater! So you need to have a good load behind it ;)
    Yeah, I think 1Gb is the magic number.

Leprachaun wrote:
    just short of 2 grand

what are the specs n where did u get it

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Up until recently (when I got my new pc) I played on a new 12" iBook with 1.5gb of ram. I had to turn down the draw distance all the way, but other than that it was perfectly playable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

spritey wrote:

This is very true. I only have 512mb of ram and i find it a bit laggy especially in orgrimmar. I am intending on getting an extra gig though which will hopefully solve the problem:)

i have 1 gig on my fancy new laptop, so hopefully it will work.

do you guys know which gui's and addons work on macs, or shud i ask that on the other thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I havent had any problem with any mods bar a bit of tweaking. I used to us insomniax until they put on the horrible new bar UI. You shouldn't have a problem with them

Advertisement