Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

cancelling meteor

• 24-11-2005 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi just a query I signed up with meteor in july with a contract for 1 year however I have a lot of trouble with reception. I work in central Dublin and I have to go upstairs in my building to make a call and I also miss a lot of calls. meteor tell me that I have to stick with them until next june. I feel that they are in breach of their contract by not giving me good coverage. anyone any ideas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

If you hate them that much cancel your contract but it will cost you....

ps same name as me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

I think you'll find their T&Cs state they can only provide a service where coverage is available. Could it just be a problem with your phone?

If you're getting missed calls then surely you're just failing to answer the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Every network will have spots like that. It's the nature of radiowaves in an urban setting. VF disappears in parts of my building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

liamskater wrote:
    If you hate them that much cancel your contract but it will cost you....

ps same name as me lol

lmao sure my name in irish is sean o neachtain and hes a politition i think lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

lol Im Liam Nolan same as yer man up there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Coverage in Dublin is very good. Technically, only if the coverage is bad outdoors can they do anything. If coverage is bad indoors, it could be due to a number of things such as building structure, other electronic devices interfering etc.

As such, Meteor do have a 14 day coverage guarantee, and since you're only complaining about 1 area, I have to assume that otherwise, coverage is not an issue.

If you want to buy out of your contact, it will cost you your minimum monthly commitment multiplied by the number of months you have left.

Advertisement