Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart?

• 24-11-2005 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

€35 a month, no download limits, no time limits, claims to be up to twice as fast as eircom, all i gotta do is change my phone number(which doesn't bother me in the slightest)

I'm aware its a 1 year commitment, any other catches people have heard about\experienced?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

The only faults/issues I have had are
    (1) the 4 -port router they supply is no good for serious downloading - it runs out of memory, overheats and crashes.Therefore get another one (either linksys or belkin).
    (2) Customer Service doesn't always call you back the next working day (like they promise)if you phone after office hours when the real techies have all headed home! But at least you can get through to someone and usually aren't on hold for long.

Apart from that its been running a dream for me for the past 6 months:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Hey all, I have €ircon BB home plus (only because I have to!). The reason being: My line still fails! The €ircon BB project manager was the one who got me through. My line is perfectly fine, so I was wondering could I port over to Esat BT or more perferabely Smart? By the way; does anybody know when the Smart Rush exchange is going to be realisticly out?

Thanks, Joseph.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The only faults/issues I have had are
    (1) the 4 -port router they supply is no good for serious downloading - it runs out of memory, overheats and crashes.Therefore get another one (either linksys or belkin).
    (2) Customer Service doesn't always call you back the next working day (like they promise)if you phone after office hours when the real techies have all headed home! But at least you can get through to someone and usually aren't on hold for long.

Apart from that its been running a dream for me for the past 6 months:D

In fairness to Smart (with regard to point 2 above) there is a support forum http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/ where questions are answered pretty quickly.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone who can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭JJDoherty

Just got Smart up and running at home and it's great. Had a few probs with my ethernet card and tech support were super helpful. Been running perfectly ever since. Fab product. My advice, anyone but Eircom!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Deaddude wrote:
    Hey all, I have €ircon BB home plus (only because I have to!). The reason being: My line still fails! The €ircon BB project manager was the one who got me through. My line is perfectly fine, so I was wondering could I port over to Esat BT or more perferabely Smart? By the way; does anybody know when the Smart Rush exchange is going to be realisticly out?

Thanks, Joseph.

I would be very careful - there have been cases reported on here from time time of people who left one provider to go to another and then found the line would not pass even though they had previously had bb.

• Advertisement
Advertisement