Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GeForce 6600 - major hassle, please help!

Options
  • 24-11-2005 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Hi -

I'm having a major headache with this card I bought on dabs - http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=3MG9&v=3. I bought 2 - one for a Win 2K box, which worked instantly, no worries.
    I went to install the other in a Win XP Pro box (removed old ATI drivers with Drivercleaner), and I just get a black screen just after loading the drivers (latest nVidia - 81.95_forceware). I swapped the cards around, so I know both cards are good.
    I also tried my old CRT, in case my TFT monitor was getting narky.
    Is there something I'm missing? My motherboard is an Asus A7N8x-E Rev 2.xx
    I'd really appreciate some help!
    q

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

try going into safe mode with the ati card and making sure that ALL refrences to ATi are gone!
    This problem has caused alot of problem, the other thing Id test is but the working ccard from the win2k box into the xp box and just make sure that its not the card thats faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

try going into safe mode with the ati card and making sure that ALL refrences to ATi are gone!
    This problem has caused alot of problem, the other thing Id test is but the working ccard from the win2k box into the xp box and just make sure that its not the card thats faulty

Thanks for the reply Rattlehead -
    Yes, all ATI references have been wiped.
    I did swap the cards around, as mentioned in my first post, and both cards worked fine in the 2k box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

no i think i had the same problem. im not into comps that much but my m8 had to experiment with different drivers
    just try different ones until u find 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Hi -
    Just to let anyone know who may happen upon this, I solved this problem by downloading the nForce 2 drivers for my motherboard - I used AndyR's remixed nForce 2 drivers, version 2.4, available at http://www.planetnvidia.com/.
    q

Advertisement