Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened at the RDS Chief Invigilator Meeting today?

Options
  • 24-11-2005 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I couldn't make that advice thing today, did he say anything interesting or important? Was there anything he told you do to etc?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

no although if it's the same guy we had he's rather a legend. just don't take your baseball cap off too often!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

John Clark? Nice guy. Been running the RDS for years. First time he's done it at Xmas though....

You didn't miss too much. Its more a introduction to what goes on so people don't get anxious the first day they arrive at the place.

Some advice from moi:

Read your timetable! Don't assume that all your exams are on in the morning or in the same location. Make sure you know where the exam hall is. There are 2 different locations in RDS, two in Blackrock and two floors in Science.

Leave your mobile in your bag. Don't bring it into the hall or you might have the hassle of having to claim it from Exams office the next day. You can survive without the moby dick for a few hours!

Arrive in good time. That way you're not arriving in a panic. Plus you won't end up with a wonky desk.

Listen to any instructions given by the section head/invigilators.

Bring student card and exam number with you everyday. (Saves me some work :p )

Thats about it. Its straight fwd, nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Can any first years who are experiencing problems with their exams (ie having too many in one day, having an hour between exams in which you're expected to make it from Blackrock to the RDS) please contact me and let me know about it? I've been hearing rumours that it's pretty ****ed up but no first years have knocked on my door yet. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭john^doyle

oh, and don't cheat.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

yes good idea. in fact vainglory for the non semesterised students (esp final years) can the SU try and get the college to mandate a code of practice for winter examinations because we have four in addition to a heavy project workload. 2 or 3 wouldn't have been too bad, but the fact that 3 out of the form a single course 'unit' which must be passed overall to get your degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

john^doyle wrote:
    oh, and don't cheat.

Yea, cos I'll catch ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Red Alert will you send me more details in terms of course, which exams etc in an email? sueducation@ucd.ie

Advertisement