Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAGIX Music maker problems

Options
  • 24-11-2005 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

hi
    I'm having a problem with this program.
    When i record instruments directly into my soundcard it only records to the left channel with nothing on the right. All the volumes are set right and the inbuilt mixer doesnt help - when you pan to the right you still get nothin on the right channel.
    Iv tried this with several pedals and I was wonderin if it would be anything to do with the outputs on the pedals bein on the left or something? Although I'v neverhad a problem with this before, indeed this problem doesnt exist with other programs, they've worked fine.

Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

I Had A Problem like that with a program alright, first i started recording in mono and used the sample on two channels left and right,

then what solved the problem was recording into a different channel into the computer, changed to the line or aux or mic channel, not quite shure but it worked crisp and clear.

Hope you get sorted!
    peace!

Just thought it could be the pedals, if your using jack to jack or something. maybe a stereo red and white somewhere would work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

isthisit wrote:
    hi
    I'm having a problem with this program.
    When i record instruments directly into my soundcard it only records to the left channel with nothing on the right. All the volumes are set right and the inbuilt mixer doesnt help - when you pan to the right you still get nothin on the right channel.
    Iv tried this with several pedals and I was wonderin if it would be anything to do with the outputs on the pedals bein on the left or something? Although I'v neverhad a problem with this before, indeed this problem doesnt exist with other programs, they've worked fine.

Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks

I also suffer from this problem when I record my guitar straight. I have however found three solutions.

1) Use a hardware mixer or pedal with a stereo out, plug a cable from the left and the right output of the pedal/mixer into a 2 into 1 adapter (cheap from maplins) and plug that into the Line in.

2) Record your guitar as a mono track.

3) If your soundcard has DSP wiring software you can virtually wire your left audio signal into the left and right outputs.

Hope thats some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭isthisit

yea found this record in mono option and thats working now.
    Something to do with the guitar out on my pedal was to the left or something
    Thanks for the replys

Advertisement