Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSN Messenger 7.5 login problem and Clearwire

• 24-11-2005 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having the same problem? Just get an error code after it times out after say about a minute. A mate of mine is in monkstown on clearwire too, and he is having the same problem,
    My machine has been through a format too, and it still hasnt solved the problem. This started happening a few nights ago.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

You formatted your machine because MSN wasn't signing in properly????

Hmmm, anyway, it's not a ClearWire issue. I have ClearWire AND BT DSL and I can't log into MSN Messenger through either service.

The problem lies somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

same with IBB. but only sometimes, other times its fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Whats the error message?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

i didnt format it solely because of msn login problem, it was badly needed anyway. ill attach the error Johnny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I could use msn messenger in work today, haven't been able to use it on clearwire for two days now.

I can telnet to one of the msn servers and it connects so I don't think it's clearwire that's the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ive been having problems with it for days, different error message though.

Hmmm, I still cannot connect to MSN through BT DSL or ClearWire.
    However, If I connect my VPN to Boston, it logs in fine.

Maybe it's an Ireland thing, but I don't think everyone is getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

odd because im on BT and it logs in everytime

eth0_ wrote:
    I could use msn messenger in work today, haven't been able to use it on clearwire for two days now.

I can telnet to one of the msn servers and it connects so I don't think it's clearwire that's the problem.
    maybe the telnet port is open and the msn ones are blocked or something, try forward the ports on your router

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

See the "Troubleshoot" button on the image file you posted? Press that..MSN does a quick diagnostic and returns a reason why you can't login. Ones I have had before have been: No IP address acquired (duh) and IE set to work offline (didn't notice cause I use Firefox).

Post up what reason it gives you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

I have this prob on my laptop but not desktop. Ran MSN diags, said it was a WinDNS problem (I *think*) pressed repair, said it was ok, tried again with no luck.

Stuck with bloody Web Messenger

My messenger is now working on all machines. I didn't do a thing It just came back.
    I think this is an issue beyond our control, guys. Grin and bear it until it's resolved.

I did actually press it for the laugh to see what would happen, and to see if a microsoft troubleshooter for the 1st time in history has gotten somebody anywhere, would do something. it gave me green ticks all the way down, which didnt help me im afraid. Its fine when i am in work, behind my cosy firewall, but not at home on my clearwire connection. Will check it tonight though.

sign in. i know nothing has changed on my PC, so it wasn't client side related!!! thanks for reading and trying to help y'all anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

started working again yesterday.
    never had any probs using it in work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I had the same problem with 7.5 and clearwire, even re installed it!!

Anyway, a way to get around it launch Windows messenger( the old one ) when your logged in, start MSN messenger then you can login....

MSN isni't uncommon for errors though when I was starting up with BT in 2003 there was errors all the time but now they have lessened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I had a previous version of 7.5 which worked as follows:
    1. Wouldn't let into hotmail.
    2. Would let me log into eircom address.
    3. AFTER signing in and out of eircom address, would then let me log into hotmail without any problems.

About an hour later, I'd be kicked off the hotmail and would have sign in and out of eircom again. Moved back down to 7.0 and it worked grand (I'm on Smart BB BTW). Microsoft released another version of 7.5 later though (v7.5.0311). Got that in late September and it's been grand since.
    Here is the latest 7.5.

Hope this solves the problem for ye :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Guillermo

Yeah i get that too but i notice that when i put in my password and click sign in two more digits are added to it. anyone else notice this?

• Advertisement

I wouldn't worry about that. A lot or progras do that for security. No matter how long or short your password is, they will always show 8 character places, or something. Just so other cannot guess your password by it's length.

Advertisement