Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving conditions on the M1?

Options
  • 24-11-2005 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

Probably wrong place so sorry if it is but I figured this would get more coverage here. I've to travel up to the airport from Drogheda at 00:30 and wondered could someone let me know how the road conditions are on the M1 please?

Thanks
    ding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.rte.ie/weather/
    Today's Weather
    Windy this afternoon, and turning colder everywhere. Sunny spells and scattered heavy showers - turning wintry by nightfall in the Northwest. Highest temperatures 6 to 9 C.

Tonight's Weather
    Very cold and windy everywhere this evening and tonight. Frequent heavy wintry showers in Ulster and North Connacht, especially in coastal areas there - these will give falls of snow in places, with dangerous driving conditions. Over the rest of the country, wintry showers will be more scattered, with many places not seeing any snow at all - but a localised fall could occur anyhwere. Lowest temperatures between - 1 and + 2 C.

Tomorrow
    Very cold, windy weather continuing through tomorrow, with further heavy wintry showers -and a continuing risk of snowfall, mainly in the North and Northwest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

M1 will be gritted, you should be ok. Take it handy just in case of any black ice.

If you do go into a skid its...

gas
    turn on fog lights
    brake
    gas
    honk the horn and steer away from skid
    clutch
    gas
    indicate+clutch
    gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

What about checking to see if the cigarette lighter is OK. Jeez Chief---, trying to get the OP killed or something?

I live pretty close to the airport and weather ain't too bad - just drive slow and leave now so you make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Thanks for that good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Watch the stretch from Airport turnoff to Donabat turnoff. The Road surface changes and tens to freeze quicker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Thanks. Made it in fine but took it handy. Lets hope I get home in a few hours now.

Advertisement