Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what group/unit/troop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Meathgirl

wondering if you were looking for leaders? I'd be interested.... can;t seem to get anywhere with HQ..... Was involved in 8th Meath for years.... still accompany them on camps on occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Shoie

Meathgirl wrote: »
    .... can;t seem to get anywhere with HQ.....

Check out http://www.scouts.ie/dublin-metropolitan-scout-province/ to see a list of Counties around Dublin. I am in Blackrock and our County is Dun Laoghaire.

If you need contacts for any other group in the County PM me your details and I will forward on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 roundymoonie

Briginis -St.Peter and Pauls,Careys Lane Cork
    Guides/Rangers-Imaculate Conception,Same Address
    Leader -Ballinlough
    After an extended break....Now a Beaver Leader with 21st/71st Mayfield,Cork with my 2 kids in Beavers and Cubs and having a ball.
    Well worth getting back involved if you're thinking about it, you get much more out than you put in!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Brigins and Guides leader, Celbridge. For the last 4 weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

24th Tallaght as a cub & scout, then moved to Skerries and was in 98 Skerries, as a scout, venturer and then scout leader.

I was also in Lusk Ventures for a hectic year, two venture groups at the same time!!!

I'd love to get back into it, but time is a major factor.

Unfortunatly, we I live now (Balbriggan) they still only accept boys, so my daughter can't join, shame really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Hi, i'm a cub leader in 9th 10th dublin, aughrim st

• Registered Users Posts: 5 roundymoonie

Gillo,
    Scouting is equal opportunity so as long as there is female toilets and access to a female leader there shouldn't be a reason for the local troop not to accept girls,if i'm not mistaken if she fulfills the joining criteria and all other things being in place she can't be refused. if she is joining it might be an idea to bring a friend, walking into a meeting with all lads could be daunting and it might be handy on hikes etc. to have someone to go to the loo with!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Dr Pepper wrote: »
    Name: Brian O Carroll
    Unit: 1st Meath Dunboyne

Beaver, Cub, Scout, Cub Leader, <long gap>, recently rejoined as a scout leader. (just spent the weekend in the Comeraghs Sionnach - bit sore today but great weekend)

Agent Smith - I remember Don - sound man! Shared a bottle of Glenfiddich with him and a couple of others in "the middle room" in Dunboyne Scouts den one night many years ago :D I also recall a joint-trip of some kind with us and Ballybrack. Don't rememeber any names/details anymore but there was a guy there (whom I was on Peak with) who played a mean Stairway on guitar. Name might have been Cian??? Any recollection of this trip?

i've an idea who your talking about, i wouldnt like to publicly announce it, but yeah, he does do stairway justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Hels88

I'm in IGG and have been a Ladybird, Brownie, Guide and Young Leader in Stillorgan (Dublin). I was a Brownie Leader there for 4 years and am currently a Guide Leader with Stillorgan. Moved to Sligo for college last year so don't attend as often as I'd like but still make it home to work in the IGG shop at National Office on Saturdays.

I was in Ventures for 2 years in 137th Balally (Dublin) and loved every minute of it - could have been that I was the only girl in the troop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Finner

Hi!

I used to be a scout and a leader in 63rd Dundrum Troop but they've been discontinued. I have such great memories from it and I was looking to get involved again but can't find any information about troops in my local areas and times of meetings and where. I looked on Scouting Ireland website but the links to local unit websites seem to be very dated links (I found one website that hadn't been updated since 2001!!!)

I wonder if there's anyone that might be able to give me info on units in the Dundrum, Ballinteer, Rathfarnham area, or even in the South Dublin, Three Rock area in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

Ring Scouting Ireland National Office and they'll give you a contact number for the nearest Group Leader to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Patch09'

Is anyone going on the trip to Switzerland on the 11th of july wit the Lucan, Newbridge and Stradbally girl guides?????

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Shoie

Finner wrote: »

I wonder if there's anyone that might be able to give me info on units in the Dundrum, Ballinteer, Rathfarnham area, or even in the South Dublin, Three Rock area in general.

Ger Smith in Provincial Office should be able to give you the Group Leader names and contact number. Number is (01)4755688.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Baltrux

Started
    140th Beaumount cub's scouts
    6th meath duleek scouts, venterur
    3rd louth scout leader

Is 140th beaumount still on the go

• Registered Users Posts: 11 reelynicenurse

I was a brigin with Buion Therese, then a guide with Buion Aindreas, then a guide guider with Buion Marc, all in Tallaght. I moved to London for a while and worked for WAGGGS and was a brownie guider with 18th Ealing (St. Pauls). Came home to Dublin a little while ago and I'll be starting back with Buion Marc (brigins/guides/rangers) in a few weeks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

24th Tipperary - Kilsheelan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I was a Beaver and a Cub in Zion (don't remember the troop number as they're not around anymore), then in 32nd Rathgar I was a scout, a beaver leader and for the last 4 years a scout leader! Don't plan on giving it up any time soon either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Damn.
    After a brief conversation with Agent ****h tonight, I decided to have a look here.

I was 15th Kildare (Confey) and it seems to be missing from scouts.ie. I'm not too pleased about that.
    The scouts kept me from causing mischief for a few years and I'm quite annoyed that Confey seems to be lacking a scout troop.
    I'm going to have to look into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Was a brownie and girl guide in Tallaght-cant remember the troup but we used to meet in St Aoingus'(sp).
    Scout to Venture scout in 13th Dublin Rathfarnham. Cub Leader in 14th Galway St Patricks and now Cub Leader in 1st Galway St Joesph's. Been involved one way or another on and off for 24yrs. God that makes me feel old..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

I was in amalgamated 34th/161st balbriggan waaaaay back.

I was a beaver, cub, scout and then venturer!

made it to a few melvins and also to the 93 ballyfin and 94 luxembourg jamborees!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 .:x.smile.x:.

Finner wrote: »
    Hi!

I used to be a scout and a leader in 63rd Dundrum Troop but they've been discontinued. I have such great memories from it and I was looking to get involved again but can't find any information about troops in my local areas and times of meetings and where. I looked on Scouting Ireland website but the links to local unit websites seem to be very dated links (I found one website that hadn't been updated since 2001!!!)

115th Balinteer is great! Brand new hall. Raised a 100 grand for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alsygene4

Can anyone help me? I am looking for the postal address of the 35th Dublin, Donore Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

alsygene4 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me? I am looking for the postal address of the 35th Dublin, Donore Avenue.

you may be better off trying to get the group leaders address, www.scouts.ie and contact head office asking them for a contact

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

104/144th blanchardstown :)

went through all sections beavers,cubs,scouts and ventures and now im a leader wooopp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

104/144 St Brigids in Blanchardstown
    Cub
    Scout
    Venturer
    Scout Leader
    Venturer Leader

5th Wicklow (Currently)
    Cub Leader
    Sea Scout Leader (Skipper)

20+ years exp
    Eldest lad is in Sea Scouts with me
    Youngest (3.5) comes down to Cubs with me
    Rory

rory:) you were my cub leader and scout leader for a while , havent seen you in a while , i thought i seen you rambling around larch hill with your beard haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

You sure that wasn't Rory Snr :)

oh haha yes rory senior :P:P:P, do you mind me asking you r age ?? you might have known my brother , he was in it a while same with me , im 20 so i say i was on beaver when you wer in scouts or even a leader

Ah, I was a scout back in the day with 1st Louth Dundalk, but not anymore. Alas. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

I've just finished my time with the 5th Donegal group, I might do the leadership training and start up a group of rovers in uni, the Ursprung jamboree in Austria was mighty enough craic, the beer being cheaper than the water... :P

Advertisement