Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terry tidbit

• 25-11-2005 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

The Spy who bid for me...

After Manchester United's bugging investigation it seems spying is high on the agenda of some Premiership sides at the moment. Indeed how else would you explain John Terry's actions at a recent charity bash for the Teenage Cancer Trust. The worthy cause was generously supported by Frank Lampard as he hosted a gala night, and in the auction, reported by the Guardian, Terry bid £13,000 for the privilege of attending an Arsenal training session. Gunners fans can rest easy however, as the honour eventually went to a member of the Brunei royal family who offered £27,000.

http://home.skysports.com/column.asp?lid=Back_of_the_Net_column&channel=football_home

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

maybe terry just wanted to go and luagh at the gunners as they are so far behind chelski at the minute:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Hahaha, thats a brilliant story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Terry is no good at diving, maybe he was hopinig for some tips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Noticed the piece in that report about Stuart Pearce at the Blackburn game last weekend. As a Blackburn fan, I think Hughes is dead right.

He got sent off for kicking a kit bag in frustration, Pearce can run onto the pitch and nothing is done. I'm a fan of Pearce but some consistency please referees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Lemlin wrote:
    Noticed the piece in that report about Stuart Pearce at the Blackburn game last weekend. As a Blackburn fan, I think Hughes is dead right.
    Thought you supported Sheffield United:p
    Hughes is right about what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

No that's his Brother p.pete.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

growler wrote:
    Terry is no good at diving, maybe he was hopinig for some tips.
    But he plays with Gudjohnsen, Drogba, Makelele, Duff, Robben, and Lampard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

kaids wrote:
    But he plays with Gudjohnsen, Drogba, Makelele, Duff, Robben, and Lampard!

Your point being?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

p.pete wrote:
    Thought you supported Sheffield United:p
    Hughes is right about what?

nah hes definately a Rovers supporter.

hughes was saying he got sent off for kicking a kit bag, but stuart pearce ran right out onto the pitch and nothing was done....

OY wrote:
    Your point being?
    I thought that was rather obvious, anyhow; he doesn't need to stray from his own team's training sessions to get tips on diving.

• Advertisement

kaids wrote:
    I thought that was rather obvious, anyhow; he doesn't need to stray from his own team's training sessions to get tips on diving.

You just proved you can name some players that he plays with. I can admit that i have seen Drogba diving on a few occasions but the rest that you mentioned... i do not see how you can label them 'divers'.

Well, you've either got very selective vision or you don't watch them much. I suppose I could take Gudjohnsen out of that list, not because he doesn't dive but because he's so bad at it he probably wouldn't be the best to take tips on it from. He's like Vieira, likes to fall over air a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

kaids wrote:
    Well, you've either got very selective vision or you don't watch them much. I suppose I could take Gudjohnsen out of that list, not because he doesn't dive but because he's so bad at it he probably wouldn't be the best to take tips on it from. He's like Vieira, likes to fall over air a lot.

aye, i cannot count the number of times i have seen makelele sprawled out on the deck! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh get out of it! If you want to label these guys divers then lets label them all divers.

Even if you point out some time when they saw an opportunity and looked for a decision, everyone does that. You are naming some seriously talented players here, and not ones that i would call divers.

I mean Lampard, Makelele and Duff!?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Duff is one of the worst in the league at it imo. Can't touch him without him being sprawled on the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Duff dives at every single tackle and often gets them he is fantastic from that point f view, the only thing is everytime he does, I always fear he is injured again as he is so flimsy,
    I dont think Lampard is a diver,

Do you not remember Gudjohnsen against Liverpool in the CL semis, I know Xabi does.

Aye, Makelele is squeaky clean.

From the beeb (anyone remember this game? it was a cracker):
    Monaco were then reduced to ten men after Zikos was shown the red card.

'I wanted Chelsea to win but only through fair play. Makelele has disgraced himself with his antics'
    From King GoldenBoot
    Have your say on 606

Makelele raised a hand to the Greek, and when he responded the Chelsea midfield man collapsed to the floor in shamefully melodramatic fashion.
    I've seen Lampard dive to win penalties a few times, and Duff falls over whenever the wind blows.

Advertisement