Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

recommend a good phone please

• 25-11-2005 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good new Nokia with camera?
    Will be shopping tomorrow for one an am out of touch with current models.

It’s a gift and she has used a 7210?? For the past year, so she is familiar with it’s menu’s etc.
    Nothing too fancy as all she uses it for is calls, texts, alarm and would like a camera phone.

Don’t suppose there is such a thing as a phone with usb for transferring photos?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

6230i
    hard to beat unless u wanna get her a sony k750

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Most of the new ish nokias (esp 3G ones) can do the usb photo (and other files) transfer thing.

The 6280 is coming out on 3 at the end of the year....

6280_main_noflash.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

well if she likes pink the motorola v3 razor pink is the one but does not have good camera i would go for the nokia 6680 or nokia n 70 if you are willing to spend 600euro for n 70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Cheers folks, keep the suggestions coming. Without being a cheapskate I'm hoping to spend about E200 (will settle for USB less at that price probably)
    An O2 upgrade is probably on the cards if this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How about the Nokia 6101?. it's nice and standard, but looks pretty good and takes nice photos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Arnott317

You could push the boat out and go for a Nokia N90. It has a great camera like the N70 and K750i but can also shoot excellent video too.

I've found a couple of movie clips actually made on the phone which show it off and are pretty funny as well.

http://www.clipshack.com/ClipView.aspx?id=-Qu8crW3VycuhAnbvJoKig**
    http://www.clipshack.com/ClipView.aspx?id=Xv4OxpjuGhYaq4Wl25LfbQ**

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Would go along with dudara
    Within your budget, nice simple phone. Has camera also.
    O2 are doing a limited edition one in white (they also have the black) for €169
    That includes free delivery, 100 free texts and €90 of free credit

https://shop.o2.ie/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1512&cPath=35

nokia_6101_white.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks folks, I think it has to be the 6101 so.
    Thanks for all the other suggestions too;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

The new Samsung s500i (I know it's not a Nokia) imode phone is available with o2 for €50 with a bonus upgrade and that phone is stuffed with features

Advertisement