Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo on PSP

Options
  • 25-11-2005 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Its released tomorrow. Anyone getting it? I'm planning to get it tomorrow evening or Saturday morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We9 is out a while and you best read the EG review before buying.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60973
    The lack of things and lenghty load times would put me off, but still when playing looks a decent game.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I bought it earlier. I acquired we9 a few months ago and theres absolutely no difference as far as i can tell other than the menu language. Be aware that there's no commentary, no master league, it takes approx 30 seconds to load a game/training and a lot of team rosters aren't up to date, like we9 which was released over 2 months ago. I'm sure someone will make a patch. Its piss easy too, already dominating and thrashing teams on 5 star. The controls are ok but its a pain in the arse trying to do any specials with the analogue stick.

Its not a patch on the proper pes5 but for a portable its a good effort, I'd say wireless is where it comes to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anyone get it this morning? Loading times won't worry me. After playing the terrible efforts that have been FIFA and World Tour Soccer on the PSP, I'll be glad to play a half decent portable soccer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I got it today and im very happy with it. So what if loading times are 40 seconds +...who cares? Its pretty much portable pro evo 5 minus commentary and master league...which is a pain. Wireless should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Master League I can live without, but what idiot decided to take the cups out? It's still a great game, but they have cut an awful lot from it - maybe too much for some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I can definitely live without the commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

This should be no trouble for the defense.. Oh no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

is it worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

No master league isn't too bad but no CUPS !? Criminal.

Its basically just one off games or a league.

Game is ok (which is a very good game of footy) by PES standards.

I would guess if you could play multplayer games then that would certainly add more value. Personally, I'm not sure it is worth the dosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

why didnt they just call it pes psp? its really has little in common with pes5.

like brian said its just one off games or a league, and the league is quit **** but on a train journey one off games are ideal. its still a really enjoyable game but it is far too easy and the computer is too forgiving. i'm nearly hitting double figures on 5 star. i'd love to play 2 player to see what its like, because this is were pes comes to life.

is there an option file in the works?

• Advertisement
Advertisement