Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw vs Cackdown 2006

Options
  • 25-11-2005 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Oh what a huge big ginormous pile of **** this game is.
    I cant believe people actually bought this game, i rented it out for some beer n MP but even drunk it sucked.

Random button pressing and wrestlers going WOOOHHHH and falling over, all the buttons do the same thing, Triangle allegedly gets you out of the ring but standing close about to smack someone with X and he jumps out of the ring WTF!!!.

X has 4 moves that you have to be pressing in the direction to get ie Kurt Angle pressing down and X is a drop kick and forward and X is a slap. But im not sure if the developers realised this is a 3d game so pushing up makes the wrestler ...eh face up and then proceed to drop kick nothing.

Circle is meant to be grapple followed by other directions for different slams etc: But sometimes Down is a slam and sometimes up is slam, sideways too can sometimes be a slam. Most fighting games have a simple way of hurting the guy, you follow them and make small combos then proceed to larger combos with a grapple type move to hurt them a lot as its a wrestling game. Randomly changing the ****ing buttons does not result in longer games!!!!

Then comes the stamina bar which makes sense whereas you have to hold select to recharge....but recharge from what? In a Tag match i was outside the ring doing pretty much bugger all and my bar went down i was tagged in walked over to the other guy "WOOOHHHHH" and he fell ****ing over and proceeded to get the **** kicked out of him by 2 guys. What the hell is wrong with this game.

Then theres the finishing move which requires 3 thumbs and a live chicken to work when you want to. Every now and again something flashes up hold L1 and L2 or somfin to charge then tap L1 to start the move. By then your on the floor being poked in the eye by a woman whilst someone else is making sure the chairs arent breakable and your head is.

Stupid stupid game, god i rememeber THQ nearly made a good game once......

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

were you expecting any less? :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Is it possible that this is THQ sabotaging the franchise now that WWE don't want to play ball anymore?
    Not to say that previous WWE games have been great, but maybe this is a way to destroy user confidence in the games before another publisher comes along. It's bad business, yes, but then again this release will probably still sell well, the next one wouldn't though, maybe THQ play to be out of there by that time...

/me removes tinfoil hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

There has'nt been a decent wrestling game since WM2000\No mercy for the N64. All wrestling games have been all flash no substance\gameplay since those 2.

Advertisement