Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Center Edition asking for postcode

Options
  • 25-11-2005 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get Windows MCE to download the TV program guide. The setup asks me to say where i live (dublin) then asks for a postcode. Whatever I've tried to put in here has resulted in being told that the program guide isn't available in my region.

Could someone please tell me what I should enter?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Just stick in 10018, I think that's somewhere in NewYork :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I have heard that for Ireland where we do not generally have 'Post codes' yet !, entering 000000 usually works when confronted with this question ;) .

P.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

it says program guide isnt available for my region when i put in those.

i still have dublin as my city. if i put somewhere in the US i presume i'll get US tv info which isnt much use.

Microsoft has an MCE tv listing for Ireland, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Install rollup 2 for MCE...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

as dalk said - install Rollup2 (google it or go to windows update site). you'll need to have .net 1_1 installed aswell.

The guide only works when you have this installed. Any hassles getting it installed check out http://www.thegreenbutton.com or http://www.xpmce.com for forums with plenty of advice.

Do a full backup of your system before installing the update as it has had some weird affects for some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Thanks. That has solved the problem.
    They don't make it easy do they!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

nope, not at all. In fact its like they delibarately set out to make it a pain in the ass so that you'll appreciate it all the more when its fully up and running. Trust me, its worth it ;)

Make sure you go onto thegreenbutton and check the 3rd party section and install a load of the plug-ins - thats the stuff that really sets it apart from sky+, tivo and the like

Advertisement