Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lastminute.com

Options
  • 25-11-2005 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems with this company. Three months ago I booked online a flight from south america.... within 24 hours I realised I had to change my plans so I cancelled it (which was permitted in the terms and conditions subject to a fee of 45 GBP) . I'm now 12 weeks waiting on my refund, and each week I get emails saying to bear with them for an 'update'. Can anyone tell me what I can do now? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Chaa006

Can anyone tell me what I can do now?
    Take them to the Small Claims Court. I have, and received a cheque for the full amount owed even before the case was heard.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Chaa006 wrote:
    Take them to the Small Claims Court. I have, and received a cheque for the full amount owed even before the case was heard.

I'd suggest ringing them first and advising you will be taking them to the small claims court after 10 working days if you don't get your refund, give them one last chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

I suspect in your contract you agreed english law would be controlling and the courts of england and wales would have jurisdiction.

The Irish small claims court would not have jurisdiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Update, I eventually got my refund in January. 4 months later than promised, 6 months after I cancelled. I recommend you avoid dealing with this crap company at all costs. The only way I got my money in the end was to call their customer services number ( which wasn't easy to find) every day, and talk to different people about the problem, and put pressure that way. Emails sent to their customer services end up in some databank in India , you will get nowhere that way. If you do chose Lastminute, I hope you never have to change your booking.

Advertisement