Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB breeze in walkinstown

• 25-11-2005 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

Anyone have breeze 2mb business in walkistown? Is the service ok?

There is so much bad stuff I head about IBB, so not sure... the girl that I talked to on the phone said that they did sort out their problems, but did they??

An alternative is eircom/bt business line - but we need to get an engineer to come in and split/downgrade one of hour phone lines - but thats gonna take 3 weeks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Well as a user of their 3mb service. I can tell you they fixed jack!
    They where down for repairs on Thusday. All they seemed to have done is changed the routing so you no longer go through other towers. However the service is still crap. ping times are through the roof and downloads are still that of a 56k modem or worse. Useing the service for more than one thing at a time makes web brosweing next to imposable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

sounds very bad... we're in greenhills road...

dial up speeds on a 3mb service? wth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Sarunas wrote:
    sounds very bad... we're in greenhills road...

dial up speeds on a 3mb service? wth?

keep to cable or DSL !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yeah the fixed mine but it tool almost 2 months.

The problem with going with dsl, is that its gonna take over 6 weeks to get it.

we need to get a new phoneline into the office because all other phonelines are either isdn/hunting/ddi...

so my boss wants to go with ibb because they can give us bb in 2 weeks... gonna have a chat with him later today about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

That's the pain with ADSL unfortunately. Have you considered Digiweb's Metro? Their install times are probably long-ish too, but you don't really want to hit your head against IBB's support dept for the next year so the wait might worth it.

You should be in fibre-ring paradise around there so have you talked to Smart or Magnet as well? They require a phone line also of course plus potential hassle with LLU. Ok, I probably didn't sell that option very well....

need a static ip... basic network does not provide that... only metro plus and thats way to expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

i'd also be asking how many of the people posting here actually have any experience of IBB in walkinstown.

Advertisement