Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoodies Versus Noonan ???

Options
  • 25-11-2005 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Did anyone see the newspapers today, a story about a company that have set up a shop online selling hoodies that promote hoodie wear in Ireland, against Micheal Noonan. Its on www.spreadshirt.ie, to promote the cause if any of you fellow hoodie wearers are online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Keep up the good work Michael. If you can add the following to your list the world would be a better place (shpping centres anyway)

1) Reebok, or any other white runner
    2) Stripey 'jumpers'
    3) Tracksuit bottoms
    4) Tracksuit tops worn with too-small Levis
    5) Burberry
    6) Baseball Caps

That will be all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Keep up the good work Michael. If you can add the following to your list the world would be a better place (shpping centres anyway)

1) Reebok, or any other white runner
    2) Stripey 'jumpers'
    3) Tracksuit bottoms
    4) Tracksuit tops worn with too-small Levis
    5) Burberry
    6) Baseball Caps

northside of Dublin wont know what to wear!! Godforbid we will be greeted by naked skangers and the naked pram squads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Laplandman

Santa wears a hood. Sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

ive nothing against hoodies but they do look scummy after a while, the same goes for tracksuit bottoms and trainer. The ban would be an excellent idea IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Does this really need another thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Laplandman

originally posted by Maskhadov
    ive nothing against hoodies but they do look scummy after a while, the same goes for tracksuit bottoms and trainer. The ban would be an excellent idea IMHO
    Thereby truly depriving us of a viable olympic squad. In fact thereby placing severe rewstrictions on all sporting activities whatsoever. Are you a sports enthusiast? Surely you see the absurdity regardless?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

BuffyBot wrote:
    Does this really need another thread?

I agree, but ...
    magick wrote:
    northside of Dublin wont know what to wear!! Godforbid we will be greeted by naked skangers and the naked pram squads

tw*t! you can fill in the missing letter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

i wear sport gear when im doing sports and thats it. I wouldnt wear them when im not doing them unless I was at home or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I say we should ban the middle-classes from public places to be honest, what with their incessant conversations about wine into their minature mobiles, their high-pitched squeaking about Oisín's nursery, Fiachra's "rugger" and their inability to pernounce the letter "o". Come to think about it the lot of them should be shot dead on sight, let every Kulak perish beneath the scythe of the workers!!!

Or perhaps people should drop their bullsh*t generalisations about people's atire and get on with their own lives without fretting over a piece of cloth on the back of someone's jumper.

• Advertisement

the scythe of the workers

You mean the Eastern European immigrants? The Irish workers are too busy in the pub/bookies or on strike to scythe anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

^^In the "magpie republic":) would the wearers of these items be sent to a rope-unpicking gulag in the midlands as you so charmingly suggested the government should do with everyone living in council housing?:rolleyes:

rope-unpicking gulag in the midlands

LOL :D at least I make myself laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

magpie wrote:
    LOL :D at least I make myself laugh.

I took certain liberties there. Here's the exact quote for your amusement:

...however I'd go one further and ask why we insist on housing undesirables full stop.

All city centre bolt-holes should be cleared, as should the blocks of flats and streets of council housing that seem to lurk behind every respectable area in Dublin.

Profiteering by council tenants should be stopped immediately - no more buying property at a reduced rate then flogging it for a profit. All council housing to be reclaimed and put on the open market. This rush of new housing would drive prices down and make housing available for struggling professionals who don't want to have to commute from Dundalk while those claiming benefits get to live 5 minutes from the city centre.

Workhouses should be instituted in the Midlands - if you can't pay your own way then you will be housed in the cheapest manner possible and set to work breaking rocks and unpicking ropes.

from http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=299704&page=2

Ha ha! great stuff if I say so myself. Any political parties looking for speech writers can get in touch with me throught the usual channels ;) .

Advertisement