Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable access hole on a worktop

Options
  • 25-11-2005 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

I will try to explain what I am looking for!

Had to cut a couple of holes in a worktop for cable access. The holes are probably 2 and 1/2 inch diameter. I need to find somewhere that I can buy plastic inserts (usually black) that come with modular furniture. These inserts are two-part with one part that fits into the hole and a cover that fits on top with a much smaller opening through which the cable fits. Hope I have explained this correctly. And any steer in the right direction would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've seen them here http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=21829&recno=18. They also sell a handy router template for making the holes. You'd probably be able to get something similar locally too I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

Exactly what I'm looking for. Now anybody know where I could get something like them in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Well they're made by Trend, a pretty well known router manufacturer, so I'd guess anywhere that sells Trend routers would either have them, or be able to get some for you.

In fact from the Trend website ...

The Routing Centre Limited
    Bluebell Industrial Estate
    Dublin 12
    Republic of Ireland
    Tel: 00 353 1 4566604
    Fax: 00 353 1 4566607

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

there are a good few places,

Gromtec
    also Novar 4296600 they are grometts

I'll get you gromtec number on monday

actually here it is 2302117

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Gromtec also have a website www.Gromtec.com ask for Gerry.

Really nice bloke will be able to sort you out no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

PM me an addy and I'll send a couple on to you for nothing.

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

Thanks for the kind offer. PM sent

Advertisement