Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 on SMART BB setup help please!

• 25-11-2005 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭

This should possibly be in the playstation forum but its relevant enough here and id say im more likely to get a response here. I have wireless broadband with smart and just got the linksys WGA54G game adapter. It works fine with the xbox, it detected all the settings after configuring it to through the pc but now on the playstation2 I enter what i think is all the right information but it fails the DNS test. Has anyone on smart broadband set this up already?? Maybe you could tell me what settings to use in each case. For example it asks for IP address, is this the router IP address or the game adapter??
    If anyone could help it would be great! Just a general run through of what to enter and where would be great.
    Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

As far as i know you dont need to enter any settings for DSL, just
    let the ps2 auto detect them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Thats what i would have thought since the xbox did it but it didnt give me the option. I would much prefer to let the adapter do it all but it asks me for them. Unless u mean DHCP? I dont think that will work, the network is setup slightly weird where i obtain ip adresses manually due to complications with the router, maybe I have bridged it but Im not even sure!
    Thanks alot for that man, if u have any more ideas on whether dhcp might work for it or whatever please share em!

Advertisement