Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I've just sold a rare 12" for €120

• 25-11-2005 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I've just sold one of my rarest 12" from my collection for €120. Not bad considering I bought it for £20 irish some years ago.

Whats the rarest item in your music collection and would you sell it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

a) Flexi disc of Biz Markie singing "Benny and the Jets" from Grand Royal issue 2

b) not on your nelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I have the very first Placebo Single, on their old label "Bruise Pristine" released back in 1995, on a 7'' , its street value [ebay] is 50 pounds.
    I wouldnt sell it now, maybe sometime in the future for something close to 100 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Original copy of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - probably not worth that much (and in crap condition because I listen to it fairly often) and I wouldn't sell.

I also have a copy of Revolver, which is probably worth a fair bit, even though its not an original it is in very good nick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I dont really collect CD's or merchanide(except for t-shirts at gigs) but I do have Slipknots first album on Vinyl....not worth much now but maybe in a few years ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭kilman

My Dad has a copy of Deep Purple In rock, which he bought back in 1970.
    He won some back stage tickets to one of their gigs in the States in the same year and as well as partying with them for awhile he managed to get all the band members at the time to sign it.Its in prestine condition as my dad bought another copy and never played the original.
    May not be worth much but its a bit of history!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Tell your Dad to sell the signed copy of In Rock. To me. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

daveg wrote:
    I've just sold one of my rarest 12" from my collection for €120. Not bad considering I bought it for £20 irish some years ago.
    What was it?

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

My dad has an acetate of one of the beach boys' singles, (UK release), I think it's good vibrations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

I have a load of rare U2 stuff Im gonna sell. I also have a 'press only' Beatles album. probably sell that too. Its only 'stuff' after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

BaZmO* wrote:
    What was it?

B.

Duran Duran "my own way" UK townhouse blue label promo. I'm probably going to regret selling it in years to come but I can see it going any higher in value.
    Maccattack wrote:
    I have a load of rare U2 stuff Im gonna sell.

I have some rare U2 stuff as well. 2 hearts beat as 1 12" and Sunday Bloody Sunday 12".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I have 1000's of 12's from DJing. I suppose quite a lot of them would be worth some money.
    I had a quick look on Gemm.com and a Stone Roses one that I have is worth over $50 dollars.
    I have a U2 12" of Lemon on it's on clear lemon vinyl, I wonder if it's worth anything, although I'd never sell any of them if I could help it.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i've got a few test pressings and promos (all hard dance)
    nothing worth over €30 though :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've two copies of Coil's Musick To Play In The Dark Vol 2 on amethyst coloured vinyl (only 60 pressed). Cost me €70 for the two and on ebay I've seen them go for about £200-500 sterling each. I also have another Coil CD with the sleeve being an original oil painting by the late Jhonn Balance (their former singer). Worth over €100. Also got some Neubauten stuff worth a pretty penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

my dad has a vinyl of Bob Dylan (blood on the tracks) that he bought back in the 70's, never been played probably worht something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

It's not just the condition, it's the pressing, the sleeve, whether or not it's got the liner notes and how rare it is. How come he never played it? It's a ****ing great album!

Advertisement