Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will this be the end after tonight

• 25-11-2005 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Just wondering what people think will happen if rovers loose tonight ?
    If they go down the expenses go to nothing but income , gate recipts sponsorships etc dry up. Will this ultimately leave the club dead a like wimbeldon?

As a rovers fan I am praying for a win for the sake of the league , no rovers in the league would be a loss. Dublin city have nothing to contribute , little to no fans and doomed to go down again.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

That's over reacting a bit. Even Shels spent a term in Div1 back in the mid-eighties and now they're big news.

Getting relegated can't be much fun (I wouldn't know :p) but it's certainly not the end, esp for a big (in name anyway) club like SR.

Besides there's no point talking about it as it hasn't even happened to yis .... yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Tbh a year or tow to rebuild a solid foundation wouldn't be a terrible thing for the club. Expenses will be lessened considerably and allow Rovers time to develop back into a fmormidable force, off the field aswell as on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

It wouldn't be good news for Rovers, but its football and if you lose to DCFC over two legs you don't deserve to play in the eL, its that simple.

People have been saying they hope Rovers stay up as they bring more to the league but I think thats doing a dis-service to the Dublin City players, they have been on a great run of form recently and if they can avoid defeat tonight they deserve to go up.

It's definitely sad to see what has happened Rovers over the past couple of years, as they are a huge club with many many loyal fans but it has recently happened the likes of Leeds in England and they look like bouncing back within the next couple of years, so saying that it may be the end may be a bit of an over-reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

While I dont want to see CHF be promoted (what kind of premier division has UCD and CHF in it?), relegation could be the best thing to happen SRFC.

They need to get their house in order, and reduce expenses, even if they finsih bottom of the 1st div for a few seasons on the trot, they wont be voted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

maybe it would be a good thing for sr to go down as they wont have much expenses and they can then put a bit more concentration on the football side of things as all of their thoughts will not be taken up with the financial side of things. They aint gone yet though:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is this one on tv at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If we do go down, it's not even close to the end of Shamrock Rovers. We are totally debt free after coming out of examanership and it will just be a matter of cutting our cloth accordingly if the unthinkable happens tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Stekelly wrote:
    Is this one on tv at all?

It is, on Setanta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭air_vent

If we do go down, it's not even close to the end of Shamrock Rovers. We are totally debt free after coming out of examanership and it will just be a matter of cutting our cloth accordingly if the unthinkable happens tonight.

The reason i said that was becasue during the whole will be get deducted points debacle or not, I was at the 400 club meeting and ust some stuff about finances came up like what happens if we get regelated and the financial implications, I did not however realise that the debt were completly cleared.
    This changes it now, if we do go down expenses and income will balance out.

Thats what I get for not being in the country since August.

Still rather not have that worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Nuttzz wrote:
    It is, on Setanta

Cool cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

air_vent wrote:
    As a rovers fan I am praying for a win for the sake of the league ,

Please. As a rovers fan you are praying for a win cause you are a fan. The league has nothing to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭air_vent

KevIRL wrote:
    Please. As a rovers fan you are praying for a win cause you are a fan. The league has nothing to do with it.

yep! no point in lying about it , but if DC win we deserve it all the same, take thier place next season eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

It will be good for you assuming as one it costs a lot less to play in Div 1, gives time for the board to get everything in order. Licence needs are lower and you can pretty much play anywhere with a fence around it.

Longterm its either struggle on in the Prem or go down rebuild and come back stronger for it. Either way if Tallaght comes online the only way you will fill it is to 1st win the FAI Cup then get top six, wont happen unless the club is in order.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i hope in 5 years we look back after our 2nd title, fai cup and 1st setanta cup we can say that going down was a blessing in desguise.

point to note this is one of the few trophies we've never won, seeing as we've NEVER been here before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

As Pigman said, look at Shels. Relegated late 80s, champions a few years later and have consistently been at the top for over a decade since. It's far from the end.

Advertisement