Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Eircom Own Meteor

• 25-11-2005 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

Eircom now own meteor so we are in for alot of new stuff.We where just getting our ISDN out and the man told us this on mobiles soon there will be a way that we can use our house and mobile number on 1 phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

really? wow. first I've heard of it.

:v:

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

yeah vodafone have been trialing that for months lauching in the new year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

just when I switched to meteor damnit lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

that does sound very good.cannot wait to switch to meteor in april of next yeay when my o2 contract expires:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I wonder how quickly Swisscom will sell off Meteor... I'm sure Smart wouldn't say no, if it was put up for around the same price.

Edit:
    I was reading this at the time: http://home.eircom.net/content/unison/biznews/6822627?view=Eircomnet

Then I moved onto: http://www.rte.ie/business/2005/1125/eircom.html

So maybe Swisscom buying Eircom isn't going to happen, for the time being at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

When they getting 3G? hurry up Meteor!

They wont be. They didn't get a licence. Smart got the other licence.

So they never will or whats the story?

I dunno personally. If the whole thing about Comreg forcing Vodafone and O2 to open their networks up hadn't fallen through then that would've been an option. Maybe one of the companies will willingly allow Virtual Operators and that way Meteor could piggy back on their network. Aside from that I really don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

There gonna have fast net on it too i think he was saying stuff about 3G to but dont know what he meant

• Advertisement

if their not ill be movin bk to O2.Any idea when Three will go PAYG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

nope he did not tell me maybe in the new year

Advertisement