Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what number am I dialling from?

• 25-11-2005 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an Eircom phoneline and Esat BT broadband which is not working since Tuesday. BT Tech Support told me I'm calling them from a different number than my own (assigned to me by Eircom), when I was calling them from the house. This can only mean that somebody changed some lines in the exchange, I'd imagine.

My question is: What's the Eircom number that'll tell me which number I'm dialling from? I knew it when I got the phoneline installed, but forgot it now.

Hope you get what I'm asking, it's a bit confusing...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Monty Cantsin

Phone your (or a friend's) mobile from you landline - if you don't have the number stored in your phone book, you'll see the number come up. If you have caller line restriction enabled, dial 142 before you phone the mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Should do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

TimTim wrote:

Should do it.

Thanks!

Advertisement