Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Almera

Options
  • 25-11-2005 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭

Someone i work with is buying a 2nd hand car. His other died.

His mate who works in a garage is offering him a 1.4 almera 2001, 43000 miles for €10K.

I think it is over priced by about 1500 if not more as it will be a year old in 1months time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

is it the newer shape? as 01 was the swap over between older and newer.

your always gona pay more through a garage, there is plenty of good deals by doing the shopping around and buying privately - if your confident of doing that.

is there a warranty being offered through the garage? extras?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Trampas wrote:
    Someone i work with is buying a 2nd hand car. His other diead.

His mate who works in a garage is offering him a 1.4 almera 2001, 43000 miles for €10K.

I think it is over priced by about 1500 if not more as it will be a year old in 1months time

That is very expensive alright especially with no trade-in.

Did a quick search here and found these ones:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&maxrows=100&MakeID=20&xMakeID=20&ModelID=180&xModelID=180&Year=2001&xYear=2001&submit=Find+cars+%3E%3E

They average at around €9k so tell your friend to shop around and I would expect to get a minimum of €1k discount on a straight cash deal at this time of year.

Ask the dealer for the cash price on the car.

Then try knock him down further.

A good strategy is pick a lower figure and then tell them you are serious about buying the car as soon as possible at that figure.

Haggle, invent better deals in other rival dealers, pinch them on extras when they won't do better on price.
    Lather rince repeat.

Advertisement