Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stick with old yeller?!

Options
  • 25-11-2005 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

im starting to question to "upgrade" weapons in bf2 , example the medic upgrade ok the sight on it is good, but when playing as mec forces i find the good ol ak47 seems to have more stomping firepower, same with the special forces gun

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

There are no 'upgrade' weapons in BF2, there are just different choices. The unlocks aren't supposed to be upgrades IMHO and I think EA have expressed this feeling too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

Ponster wrote:
    There are no 'upgrade' weapons in BF2, there are just different choices. The unlocks aren't supposed to be upgrades IMHO and I think EA have expressed this feeling too.

jasus try the g36c or DAO so, not to mention all the weapons coming over from SF an awful lot better than the default guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Medic unlock is crap imo, much prefer the Ak/M16 to it.
    Other than that I have the G36c and it pwns all. Jackhammer is quality also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Who has a "jackhammer"? do you mean the DAO?

(That being based on Crimsonland...they had an automatic hsotgun called a jackhammer...)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Zillah wrote:
    Who has a "jackhammer"? do you mean the DAO?

(That being based on Crimsonland...they had an automatic hsotgun called a jackhammer...)

The Mk3A1 is also known as the Jackhammer.

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh10-e.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Yes actually what would you recommend as the first upgrade weapon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Vegeta wrote:
    Yes actually what would you recommend as the first upgrade weapon

The assualt unlock/Not sure what the name is but quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

Ak47/101 FTW.. standard issue medic weapons are the best in the game full stop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Gave up on the G3, speent half my time reloading an the grenade launher is missed on it. Dao-12 is great up close, big improvemnt on the standard AT-gun, the 3rd spec ops gun is nice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

sorry for another obvious question but when do I get my first unlock

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

RopeDrink wrote:
    After you're second promotion, thou shalt recieve unlockage...
    Also, as far as I know, you get to pick some extra weapons simply by installing Special Forces...

Could be completely wrong seeing as I don't have it, but that's what I hear... Anyways, like I said, just get yourself a couple of kills on ranked servers and you'll get promoted in no time.

Close enough, you get an extra unlock with each promotion from sergeant onwards or so. If you play SF for a single round, or have someone do so with your account, then you'll get all the unlocks you're due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

RopeDrink, take yourself into an internet cafe which has bf2:sf on its machines, or go round a mates house who has BF2:SF. Download your account to the PC and play a round, as soon as you get one kill, log out and back in again and it will give you the option to unlock as many SF unlocks as your rank alows

if you want to use the BF2:SF unlock in BF2 you must have the unlock for that class allready, eg.. to use the FN2000 you must allready have the G3 unlocked - otherwise it will just give you the standard unlock when you go to use it in BF2. Jobs a good un, you have all the SF unlocks avaible to your rank without buying the game..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The G3 is like the single shot rifles of 42, one shot in the head and it kills. But it only has 20 bullets and cant be fired for long as the recoil makes it useless, but over all the best weapon in the game :D

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    The G3 is like the single shot rifles of 42, one shot in the head and it kills. But it only has 20 bullets and cant be fired for long as the recoil makes it useless, but over all the best weapon in the game :D

kdjac

And it's getting improved in 1.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Never bothered with the sniper before, until i unlocked the barret. Started using it on and off a while back and was unimpressed by the sniper class. I choose the M24 last nite for the first time ever and am surprised by how ****e the barret is. the original sniper rifle is much mch better.

Never bothered with the sniper before, until i unlocked the barret. Started using it on and off a while back and was unimpressed by the sniper class. I choose the M24 last nite for the first time ever and am surprised by how ****e the barret is. the original sniper rifle is much mch better.

The sniper rifles are getting an accuracy upgrade in 1.2 as well. Something I think is kinda pointless, and will just make them as annoying as being arbitrarily killed by aircraft is now.

AFAIK the M24 and Barret have the same stats, except the Barret ignores armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

ye'd think with the ammount of time i've spen playing anti-tank that the dao would be an obvious choice to unlock, but no, havent done it yet. will be my next unlock though.

so what else is coming in 1.2???

Scruff wrote:
    ye'd think with the ammount of time i've spen playing anti-tank that the dao would be an obvious choice to unlock, but no, havent done it yet. will be my next unlock though.

so what else is coming in 1.2???

Official list is here, down at the end.

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14052

Advertisement