Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up a VNC... help needed

• 25-11-2005 4:52pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

im using realVNC,well attempting too but cant get it working. im using mcafee AV and windows firewall, i have tested with the firewall and still unable to get it. i have forwarded all relevant ports on my zyxel modem and the belkin WIfi router i have daisy chained to it but still cant get a response...i keep recieving a timed out error. i have checked cmd>ipconfig /all and the ports (5800 and 5900) are active and listening.. i just dont no where im gone wrong :confused: as for the port forwarding i used www.portforward.com and followed there guide... to test i had vnc configured to not use a passsword...

as for my set up i have a single laptop on a wifi connection to a router thats then connected to my modem, my internal address for the laptop is correct and im using iolBB...do they block ports by any chance? im so confussed...:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

I was having the same problems with Eircom BB and VNC.

I have figured out a way around it but dont know if it will work for you.
    I went into the advanced mode of my modem, changed the connection to RFC 1483 bridged.
    I then installed PPPOE onto the machine and that then enabled me to connect to VNC using BB.

Hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Yogiincork

The Zyxel Prestige "router" (623R-T) Esat supplies is just plain crap. Portforwarding does simply not work. I wasted a good few days to find this out. I have found similar reports on the net as well.
    I did phone up the BT BB "helpdesk" for that, and after consulting with their Tier 2 Support they told me you were only supposed to use 1 computer with their BB connection anyway according to their T&C...
    As a workaround you can use this "router" in bridging mode and connect it to a (proper) router, or buy a decent DSL router where port forwardong DOES work...

Advertisement