Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with skype

• 25-11-2005 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

HI All,

Could anybody advise me? while trying to send a file thru skype it tells me that the action is being relayed. something to do with my router settings.

Any ideas ?

thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

This sounds like the warning you get about slow transfer when using MSN Messenger. I think the idea is that either you (or your peer) has firewall rules enabled that prevent the file transfer from ocurring directly between the two of you. For this reason, the file transfer occurs via a third party or relay. Presumably because you aren't alone in this situation, this third party's bandwidth will be capped so that it can handle multiple file transfers along with your own.

Advertisement