Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wallet Chains

• 25-11-2005 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Have you got a wallet chain?You have? Then you're a poser. Wallet chains are ok if you own a motorcycle or if you are a professional skier,otherwise they're for Big Time Charlies((c)AF) who try to look cool.
    Is it just me or are wallet chains on the rise? Please tell Pighead that hes wrong. Too many posers not enough soldiers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Pighead wrote:
    Have you got a wallet chain?You have? Then you're a poser. Wallet chains are ok if you own a motorcycle or if you are a professional skier,otherwise they're for Big Time Charlies((c)AF) who try to look cool.
    Is it just me or are wallet chains on the rise? Please tell Pighead that hes wrong. Too many posers not enough soldiers
    I've had my keys on a chain for the last 7 years. I never, ever, ever wear it. It's just a nice thing to have on your keys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Thats grand Binomate,as long as you dont wear a chain attached to your baggy jeans then there is no danger of Pighead calling you a poser.
    Pighead knows for a fact that 94% of all people who wear wallet chains attached to their homeboy jeans do so as a fashion statement and not for practical reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Oh, God how I hate muppets like that. Their baggy jeans usualy drag along the filthy ground as well behind them in tatters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

It's a look I never got. They look like they're taking their wallets out for a walk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wallet chains were very popular with the lesbians for a while. Personally I think they look good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I wear a wallet chain, and I wear baggie jeans, and yes they do normally trail along the floor, I am not a poser, nor is it really for any practical reasons other than I find it easy to find my wallet when i'm out at night, I just like the look of it and I like the feel of the weight of it, I dont feel right going out without my chains.:p

Shelli wrote:
    I wear a wallet chain, and I wear baggie jeans, and yes they do normally trail along the floor, I am not a poser, nor is it really for any practical reasons other than I find it easy to find my wallet when i'm out at night, I just like the look of it and I like the feel of the weight of it, I dont feel right going out without my chains.:p
    Obvious poser IPH
    Shelli you're young enough to remedy this situation. Ditch the wallet chain now before you get a hiorrible nickname from the cool gang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I think they look a bit silly tbh. In my skater days, I refused to be part of the chain-wearing retard groups. Noone's going to steal your empty damn student's wallet ffs :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Stark wrote:
    Wallet chains were very popular with the lesbians for a while. Personally I think they look good.
    Ye they sure were, I enjoyed that phase.

Stark wrote:
    Never realised this. Any particular reason why the lesbians adapted the wallet chain as one of their "things"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. Don't have a chain wallet. I think it a good idea for those who have their wallet in their back pocket (as it could get swiped easily), but other than that, I don't see the point of it. Used to wear it attached to the keys, but cause I couldn't wear it to work, I grew out of the habit.

Oh, and some do it cos they want to, and not cos someone thinks its "cool".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I had one back home and that was for many practical reasons. I skate so keys flying ou your pockets is an issue. Also pick pockets where everywhere :o so having your keys attached to your clothes was just common sense. I cant really see the need for them in ireland though.
    Also on nights out i had mine on as i have a tendancy to loose my keys while running a mock.
    Perhaps the people in ireland are just worried about loosing there keys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I wear a chain wallet. My last wallet was pickpocketed (out of my front pocket, by the way), so I decided to not let that happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

ahhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

They're quite practical.
    Handy weapon in the perpetual skater vs goth rumbles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Blisterman wrote:
    I wear a chain wallet. My last wallet was pickpocketed (out of my front pocket, by the way), so I decided to not let that happen again.
    Can you tell us exactly how it happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That sort of thing can easily happen in a crowded place.

FX Meister wrote:
    Can you tell us exactly how it happened?

Well, basically someone who has the skill bumps into you and without you realisng slides there hand into your pocket and takes your wallet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Pighead wrote:
    Obvious poser IPH
    Shelli you're young enough to remedy this situation. Ditch the wallet chain now before you get a hiorrible nickname from the cool gang

You don't know me! And if you did you would know I am not a poser, you cant make a generalistion like that anyway, if sweeping statements like that were true I could say something like, people who don't wear wallet chains are stuck up snobby idiots who look down on skater/rocker style because it's different to they're BT2 image!

Well, basically someone who has the skill bumps into you and without you realisng slides there hand into your pocket and takes your wallet!

Would never happen to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I dunno how they did it. It was in the supermarket. I did get my wallet back later, with the cash gone, but everything else still in it. (After I'd cancelled all my cards).
    It was thrown behind a shelve.

FX Meister wrote:

LOL, what makes you so special?

LOL, what makes you so special?

The fact that I'm aware of what's in my pocket. I nearly got done in Paris, the guy bumped into me and got his hand inside my jacket pocket and had lifted my wallet. Caught his hand on the way out and used my other hand to punch him in the face pretty hard. Cops said he was well known to them and I was lucky to have caught him in the act.

FX Meister wrote:
    The fact that I'm aware of what's in my pocket. I nearly got done in Paris, the guy bumped into me and got his hand inside my jacket pocket and had lifted my wallet. Caught his hand on the way out and used my other hand to punch him in the face pretty hard. Cops said he was well known to them and I was lucky to have caught him in the act.

If someone is skilled they will get your wallet. I am also very aware of the things in my pocket but some of these guys are quick, like quicker than the eye. To say that this could NEVER happen to you is a lie ;).

It's not a lie. The dude was skilled, I was better than him. End of.

FX Meister wrote:
    Thats because your hands are always in your pockets touching yourself.

Yeah that's it sangre, you've found out my secret.

A cutting reply from The FX Meister (thats Mr. to you!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Right then.... back to the original topic, all!

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote:
    A cutting reply from The FX Meister (thats Mr. to you!)
    Your post wasn't very imaginative, did you really want me to waste time thinking of a witty reply? It got what it deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Sangre, FXmeister - if I see you going off topic like this again, you will receive bans.

Cool, I'll keep it on topic.

Advertisement