Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson losing the plot?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭homerjay540

ziggy67 wrote:
    Yeah Bertie Vogts made him captain for a game.

But i don't know him.:)

Bertie Vogts - need say no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

TheMonster wrote:
    The Carling Opta scores illustrate United problems

GK in top 5
    2 defenders in top 5
    2 forwards in top 5
    Core of 5 good players but no midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Last just blame it all on Carlos Queiroz. Interesting at the Chelsea game and didn't see him once on the side Mike Phelan was on the line giving out instructions and they all seemed to understand what was beem asked of them and it worked. Would support the theory that not a lot of the players like or support any of his(Carlos Queiroz) ideas or tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

ziggy67 wrote:
    O'Shea & (last season) Fortune have started so many games is the main reason why Utd have been struggling to challenge in the league

O shea finally looks like he is rediscovering the form that brought him into the first team. Scored a few goals lately too. Played great football Vs West Ham at the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Just wondering is a conincidence O'Shea has played better since Keane left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

TheMonster wrote:
    Just wondering is a conincidence O'Shea has played better since Keane left.
    I don't think so. Keane watching from the sidelines or the middle of the park would make anyone nervous. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Obviously it had no bearing on last night, but I think United have improved a lot since Keane left, no because of Keane himself, but because of the formation Ferguson was using when Keane was playing.

When United play with their best player in his best position (i.e. Rooney up front) then they are far more formidable and their weakness at midfield doesnt look as obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

All the sceptics and ABU's were spelling United's demise not so long ago. Now while I'm not saying everything is rosey at Old Trafford, I always felt that the 'crisis' was blown way, way out of proportion. And now the team has stepped up the gear that great players can do.
    I just hope that this form can be carried over into Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I have to agree that it seems that a lot of players have improved since Keane left alright, Scholes, O'Shea, maybe Keane "making the face" was a burden on them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Was going to put a thread up on Sunday about this after the West Ham game but then couldnt be bothered....anyway for all the John O Shea haters on here....he has been the best Utd player in the last while....had a great game against Villareal and was in quality form against West Ham....was passing ball well....getting in the block....looked the best player in the defence.....and scored a great goal.....was back to his old self of 2 seasons ago...I think the problem with O'Shea was that he was always in and out of the team and never really got a good run in the team....this season because of injury to defenders he is nearly always a starter and this is showing in his form....a run of games brings a player on leaps and bounds......

Didnt watch game last nite but mate said he was playing great again!!! always said O'Shea was quality and I still agree with this!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Big Nelly wrote:
    Was going to put a thread up on Sunday about this after the West Ham game but then couldnt be bothered....anyway for all the John O Shea haters on here....he has been the best Utd player in the last while....had a great game against Villareal and was in quality form against West Ham....was passing ball well....getting in the block....looked the best player in the defence.....and scored a great goal.....was back to his old self of 2 seasons ago...I think the problem with O'Shea was that he was always in and out of the team and never really got a good run in the team....this season because of injury to defenders he is nearly always a starter and this is showing in his form....a run of games brings a player on leaps and bounds......

Didnt watch game last nite but mate said he was playing great again!!! always said O'Shea was quality and I still agree with this!!!

I did notice also that JOSH's form has improved greatly over the last few weeks. I'd say that the main reason for this is that he's been playing regular football and more importantly he's been playing in the same position.

B.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Not sure about quality yet Nelly, there is a lot he can improve in his game, but hey if his form continues it would be great for United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

yop wrote:
    Not sure about quality yet Nelly, there is a lot he can improve in his game, but hey if his form continues it would be great for United.

There is always room for improvement in everyones game....even Keane would say he could have improved on a few things....Best the same....every player should always look to keep on improving no matter how gud they are!! I am saying he is a quality player!! I have always rated him and always said he was quality! wouldnt have survived at Utd for so long if he wasnt!! the run of games thou is allowing him to get his form and confidence back!! last season was getting a game here or there and wasnt performing so the fans where on his back.....that doesnt help confidence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

All the sceptics and ABU's were spelling United's demise not so long ago. Now while I'm not saying everything is rosey at Old Trafford, I always felt that the 'crisis' was blown way, way out of proportion. And now the team has stepped up the gear that great players can do.

Before the west Ham game we where 6 points better off then at the same stage last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Lads, lets not go nuts.
    Villareal was only a short time ago.

Whether Fergie has turned it around or not will not be known until about 2 weeks in the transfer window.

If we have a fantastic Christmas, which we should cause its an easy run imo, and we strengthen the midfield in the christmas the title race is definally on.
    However we don't don't continue, and we havn't been producing non stop lately, then it could all go to hell very quickly.

We're only two points ahead of Liverpool, one above aresnal, and that ain't good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

PHB wrote:
    Lads, lets not go nuts.
    Villareal was only a short time ago.

Whether Fergie has turned it around or not will not be known until about 2 weeks in the transfer window.

If we have a fantastic Christmas, which we should cause its an easy run imo, and we strengthen the midfield in the christmas the title race is definally on.
    However we don't don't continue, and we havn't been producing non stop lately, then it could all go to hell very quickly.

We're only two points ahead of Liverpool, one above aresnal, and that ain't good enough
    Totally agree but the signs are that we're not going to strengthen in january and that imo means that the season is already Chelsea's, the depth just isn't there.

Advertisement