Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Order to Pay' - How long to pay?

Options
  • 25-11-2005 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

This may not be the best place for this, but someone here *may* know the answer (Too lazy to ring a solicitor)

I am curious, if someone has been given an 'Order to Pay' (from PIAB, not sure if that makes a difference), how long do they have to pay up?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

them or their insurance company , did they run into someone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I would assume its going through insurance company.
    Yes he (the respondant) ran into someone resulting in an Injury (not me thank god)

Any idea on what the time limit is to pay up to the person claiming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

it should be stated on any correspondence really a max period of 30 day say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I checked the paper work and re-read it. It doesnt state any particular time, just that "The respondant has been sent an order to pay" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

well unless there is a given time in law he must pay immediately or be brought to court for it,a bit strange that there is no time limit or time period stated unless again there is one in law thats just not stated

• Advertisement
Advertisement