Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rovers vs Dublin ..Tv tonight 8.05pm Setanta

• 25-11-2005 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Should be a good spectacle (wont say game as both sides ****)

But Rovers have to score twice and their fans will make it a decent atmosphere and watcahable only for them ;)

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

No away goals so a one-goal win for Rovers will take it to extra-time and penalties afaik.

Totally OT: Search is back!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Rovers to stay up by the skin of their balls with an exciting extra time victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Mixed feelings about this. I know I SHOULD want the Hun to go down but I think I'd still rather have them up if only for something to laugh at. It'll be a shock if they drop tho!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I was sure this match was in TV tonight so I checked the TV listings on NTL digital and I couldnt see it.

Are you lads sure its on TV?

Yeah it was in one of the morning papers yesterday, its probably just a late change to the schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pigman II wrote:
    Mixed feelings about this. I know I SHOULD want the Hun to go down but I think I'd still rather have them up if only for something to laugh at. It'll be a shock if they drop tho!

Pigman II how are ye.Quick Friday night question for you buddy.Why do you refer to rovers as the Hun?

Pighead wrote:
    Pigman II how are ye.Quick Friday night question for you buddy.Why do you refer to rovers as the Hun?

Because I love them. Just like you call MsPiggy your Hun.

Its all to do with some bloke called Attila who apparently played for Rangers and Rovers thousands of years back. ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Yeah it was in one of the morning papers yesterday, its probably just a late change to the schedule.
    Nice One thanks lads. looks like ill be staying in now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Up the dubs!

I am Setantaly challenged :)

Any score? Any use etc:

kdjac

Still 0-0 16mins. Rovers have most of the territory. DC seem to be hoping to just attack on the break.

Malloy just wide with a curler from outside the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Its all to do with some bloke called Attila who apparently played for Rangers and Rovers thousands of years back. ;)

legend is it he had connections with Barbarians and didn't like AS Roma or Lazio .

O'Connor just o/t from 25yards

Apparently the DC goalie is a 'fat bastard' and the referee is 'a wánker' according to the SR support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Any update on the score?

DC score! 1-0 53mins Robbie collins

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 25
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PROMOTION/RELEGATION
    PLAY-OFF FINAL SECOND LEG

Dublin City 1-0 Shamrock Rvrs 8.05
    Collins 55

Oh dear now need to score 3 to win outright.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Ciao Rovers.

Tracey for SR 1-1 55mins

BTW there's no away goals in this game so 3-2 4-3 etc will lead to ET and penos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Shams are heading for the 1st division im afraid.
    i hope im not right but i fear for the club if the result stays the same.
    financial disaster looms

1-1 shams could pull it out of the fire yet

Oh dear!

Are there many DC supporters at the game?

DC are pushing up in this half. I reckon it's a bad move. They were comfortable in the first half but they look all over the place atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I wish I was able to watch this Game. :(

From a Sligo Rovers point of view, I hope that Dublin City get promoted as that will boost our chances of staying up in the Premier Division IMO. I'd be quietly confident that we'd finish ahead of them over the course of a season. Also, Shams would not be as bad again as they were this season, surely? Their off-field organistaion is very good from what I read and hear.

From a League of Ireland point of view, I want Shams to stay up. I also want the Rovers Derby to return to the Premier for next season. If Dublin City do get promoted, well then best of luck to them. Still 20 minutes to go though, excluding any possible extra time.

Apparantly, Shams had a penalty appeal turned down. Thank you Foot.ie.

Can anyone tell me what the game is like? Are Shams throwing everything at Dublin City at this stage?

80mins 1-1. DC have reverted back to 4-5-1 with 9 inside their own half. SR haven't resorted to long balls yet.

• Advertisement

83mins. SR have just started with the long balls into the front 2.

85mins SR have switched to 3-4-3

Cheers for the update Pigman II. It's good to hear that Shams haven't resorted to desperation tactics yet and are still trying to stay up by playing football. Dublin City are obviously holding on to their advantage.

Who would you fancy to win the tie if Shams score again? Would the force be with them at that point?

Sorry for all of the questions. :o

EDIT: Just seen your other posts. There is a time and place for long balls if passing football isn't working, and this time is now. Survival is at stake.

If SR can score they'll probably win. But I can't see them scoring tbh.

TRACEY!!! ..... misses by about 6 inches with a header for SR. 89mins. I reckon that's all she wrote.

Well you heard it here first. Shamrock Rovers are officially a Division1 club now.

FT Dublin City 1-1 Shamrock Rovers (3-2 agg)

• Advertisement

Rovers go down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

HAHAHAHAH HAHAHAH HAHHAHA ,

that is all i have to say !

Au Revoir Rovers!!!!!

10,000th post and it was worth it :D

kdjac

Thanks a million for the update Pigman! :) I did hear it first here, congratulations to Dublin City. Commiserations to Shamrock Rovers, but they will be back.

Premier Division 2006
    Bohemians
    Bray Wanderers
    Cork City
    Derry City
    Drogheda United
    Dublin City
    Longford Town
    St Patrick's Athletic
    Shelbourne
    Sligo Rovers
    UCD
    Waterford United

First Division 2006
    Athlone Town
    Cobh Ramblers
    Dundalk
    Finn Harps
    Galway United
    Kildare County
    Kilkenny City
    Limerick
    Monaghan United
    Shamrock Rovers

Thanks a million for the update Pigman! :) I did hear it first here, congratulations to Dublin City. Commiserations to Shamrock Rovers, but they will be back.

Premier Division 2006
    Bohemians
    Bray Wanderers
    Cork City
    Derry City
    Drogheda United
    Dublin City
    Longford Town
    St Patrick's Athletic
    Shelbourne
    Sligo Rovers
    UCD
    Waterford United

First Division 2006
    Athlone Town
    Cobh Ramblers
    Dundalk
    Finn Harps
    Galway United
    Kildare County
    Kilkenny City
    Limerick
    Monaghan United
    Shamrock Rovers

heh bottom already

kdjac

• Advertisement

That is goingt o be a tough 1st division to get out of next year , Dundalk , Rovers , Finn harps , galway all pushing for the 1 automatic place . They will not come back up next year !

KdjaC wrote:
    heh bottom already

kdjac

And Bohs top! As it should be ;)

KdjaC wrote:
    heh bottom already

kdjac
    But only in alphabetical order. :p
    Sarge wrote:
    That is goingt o be a tough 1st division to get out of next year , Dundalk , Rovers , Finn harps , galway all pushing for the 1 automatic place . They will not come back up next year !
    If Shams can sort themselves out on the pitch and regain their confidence, i would fancy them to strongly challenge for first spot at least.

Next season is going to be very interesting.

EDIT: Does this mean that Shoddy has lost his "never been relegated" record? He was suspended for this match, but he's still officially the manager of Shams, right?

They cant afford to sack him either hahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Oh dear :)

Never let it be said Dublin City have done nothing for the league again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

im fuc*ing delighted the homeless scum have been relagated,fantastic night,congrats to Dublin City,Rovers rot in the first division homeless scum :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Fantastic day for Irish football. Cheerio. 11 years and counting since you brought anything to the league.

jonny68 wrote:
    im fuc*ing delighted the homeless scum have been relagated,fantastic night,congrats to Dublin City,Rovers rot in the first division homeless scum :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thats a ban , enjoy it. A lot of us dont like rovers but we dont call them names report a post has been pressed. Good night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

jonny68 wrote:

Take a weeks break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Pigman II wrote:
    And Bohs top! As it should be ;)

Ha ha thanks for making me laugh first thing on saturday morning :p

Gutted for rovers.. really wish they had stayed up.. question is will they now survive life in the first division? interesting...

• Advertisement
Advertisement