Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Best: Thread (book) of Condolence

Options
  • 25-11-2005 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

George Best: The Times obituary

George Best was the most talented British football player of his and arguably of any generation. He appeared to play and read the game at a different pace from those around him. He possessed dribbling skills which, in the words of his team mate Pat Crerand, could leave opposing defenders with “twisted blood”, and a balance which enabled him to ride or avert the most ruthless tackles, which his reputation and ability to humiliate the hard men of the game inevitably attracted.

a Legend. rip.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

Lived life to the full but sadly, paid for it in the end!!
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Rest in Peace, George.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

ill always remember him for his great preformance, as pele said, he was born with the gift.
    Whatever about his drinking, lets hope everyone will forget about that aswell.

Rip George.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gazza147

i have only ever really read about george best as i am only a youngster who is man u mad and love playing the great game but as i see it his name says it all. BEST what more can i say? 'R.I.P BESTY' always remembered for the positives you contributed to history.

Advertisement