Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big 4 KPMG E&Y Deliotte Pwc

Options
  • 25-11-2005 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Right so. Ive got offers from a few of them and im trying to decide.
    Im sure there loads of us in the same situation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭john^doyle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

He's saying he's got job offers from some of the biggest accountacy firms. He's asking if anyone has any advice on which to accept.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

go with the one with the lowest ponce count

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

I dont mean to sound big headed! I know i am extremely lucky to get one never mine a few.

I was really lookin for people who have had experience with the big 4 to tell me what they thought of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭TrickyRicky

Presuming your in final commerce like myself, or b&l or something similar. Don't do accounting myself as a mode, but among my mates who do, Deloitte seems to be the name coming up the most. You should get them to pay for a masters, then go and work for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 southdubliner

Was in the same situation last year.
    Not much difference between them at all.
    KPMG and PWC are the biggest in the market, stronger in different areas.

I chose the former. So far so good.

All are pretty much offering the same deal
    i.e. you work long hours for relatively little pay for 3 or 3 and a half years but get excellent training and the opportunity to get a great professional qualification under your belt.

Choose the one which you felt you liked best based on their presentations and interviews, not the one that your friends or classmates are going to.

What did you interview for? Audit/Tax?
    You going to do the MAcc?

If you have specific questions let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Whatever one gives the most ching-ching.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sangre wrote:
    Whatever one gives the most ching-ching.

Or failing that, whatever one gives the most money...

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Thanks for the advice.

Im thinking of going with KPMG tax department
    Ive been offered sponsorship of the Macc.

On the other hand deliotte offering more money!!!

Any of you's doing Tax? What is it like any advice what departments / areas are good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 trevor@giftandh

the money money may be better but you are thinking very short term. do the macc, get your quals, then get out of kpmg and start making good $$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Doyle

KPMG is pretty good but hear that PWC are best paid. For good old fashion sessions Id advise to go to KPMG. Loads of free booze and nights out. What every1 wants in a job really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 southdubliner

Kingkong,
    what is the cash difference in the offers by Deloitte and KPMG
    You would need to check out if Deloitte pay you for overtime (you will be doing lots of it), KPMG do, PwC don't in Tax as far as I know. So the amounts they are offering evens out overall.

If the difference is only a couple of hundred quid I would forget about it.
    At this stage you are joining for the experience and to get your qualifications. The big money will come later.

If you are intent on doing tax, I would definitely do the MAcc. Speaking from experience, the MAcc is a tough year but the alternative is having 4 or 5 years of working and evening lectures ahead of you to through both ACA and tax qualifications.

any questions, let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Doyle

Ah the Macc isnt as tough as every1 makes it out to be. It is a tough year just purely for the volume of work. Technically its very doable. And an enjoyable year as well.

Advertisement