Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pesfan.com pulls downloads due to copyright issue

Options
  • 25-11-2005 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

pesfan.com wrote:
    Due to copyright issues with the FA Premier League all option files and downloads have been removed for the time being. Please do not post links to any option files or any copyrighted material.

Please do not post any requests for any option files or discuss any option files on this site. Anyone requesting option files will be banned.

Several sections of the site have been removed that contained copyrighted material. Once these have been checked and ensured to be copyright free they will be put back.

All downloads have gone from pesfan.com.
    evo-web looks ok at the mo... I'd presume pesfan got hit first due to their association with play.com

Wonder how far this issue is being taken on... could threaten all the patches currently being worked on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

whiskeyman wrote:
    All downloads have gone from pesfan.com.
    evo-web looks ok at the mo... I'd presume pesfan got hit first due to their association with play.com

Wonder how far this issue is being taken on... could threaten all the patches currently being worked on.

Pesfan hosted the files themselves, Filefront et all host other files. Thats the way mods are meant to be downloaded. Its faceless, all mods for any game are technically illegal but some people allow them when its benefits them. Btw the only people who wouldnt benefit form this are EA Games. PL got their money so they just doing what EA lawyers told them to do imo.

LOL i posted on pesfan months ago wondering why they were directly hosting them, was called names too and my post deleted :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Whats the difference with Filefront hosting files rather than PESFan itself? I mean, surely if its illegal with PESfan, then its the same with Filefront, no?

SofaKing wrote:
    Whats the difference with Filefront hosting files rather than PESFan itself? I mean, surely if its illegal with PESfan, then its the same with Filefront, no?

Yes but Filefront cant be sued or asked to go to court only to remove items. Pesfan knowingly hosted these files and knowingly breached copyright hence the directness of the "option file talk = ban"

All they had to do was link to them from another site and all would have been well. ALso user edited material is your god given right when you buy the game, but if you say take one piece of artwork and change it and host it, your distributing files you dont have the copyright off.

From reading PESfan it seems the Fa have contacted them but Pesfan checking it out and they will soon find out that option files contain text and text only, cant copyright text if the user has paid for the game which contains the text :D Whjat you can copyright is likeness etc: But if the text file only contains text which doesnt look like any player or club then Fa cant do anything.

Ie ..00000x090909v09c0v9cv0 may change Merseyside red to Liverpool in game and give them a jersey thats similiar to the real one, but the game isnt the FAs so they cant say whats acceptable within its realms.

/I been here before with EA on a modding site i used to run :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

it seems the images of the club badges are the sticky point.

whiskeyman wrote:
    it seems the images of the club badges are the sticky point.

They are actual image files (.png) if i remember correctly. So that would be illegal :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I've not heard anything of this before this evening, so I'm assuming we're (Evo-Web) safe enough.

I wont find out until next Monday properly if any contact at all has been made though, as Mart is away. I highly doubt it'll effect us much anyway, as kdjac said, hosting the files yourself is the problem here which is why we dont do it. I know we have done in the past but it's not happened in a good while.

dar83 wrote:
    I've not heard anything of this before this evening, so I'm assuming we're (Evo-Web) safe enough.

Cover your arse and make sure there are no dodgy attachments in posts.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

We dont allow user attachments. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Scarlet

I don't suppose any of you still have the Option file that was taken down ... ?

I have Pesfan 1.2 for Ps2 and PC, will upload them in a bit.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Thanks! :D

Thanks again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thetonyclifton

can anyone post the xbox version please or point me in the right direction? Also is there a way to transfer the option file to the xbox 360 yet?

can anyone post the xbox version please or point me in the right direction? Also is there a way to transfer the option file to the xbox 360 yet?

1st part sorry dont have pes5 on xbox, check any torrent sites or www.evo-web.co.uk they still have option files.

Dunno about the Xbox360 would imagine its fairly easy if you have the HD or USB key.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thetonyclifton

can anyone help point me to xbox option file? I have looked on evo web it seems they were only linking to pesfan so links dont work.

Can anyone find it for me please?.....Iam looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 doreandwight

I had a feeling this will happen sooner or later

google "xbox pesfan option file" loads of hits seems other people are hosting the pesfan options.

http://rapidshare.de/files/6669001/Megaboost_Xbox_o-file_v1.0.zip

If thats any use let us know and i host it.

other places with them.

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=42999&forum_id=1

kdjac

Advertisement