Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT billing - they screwed me up!

• 25-11-2005 8:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Here is my story, never had a billing issue with BT before July 2005 when i transfered my line retal to them. I was with Eircom and i had my line rental paid through the household benefits package.

Only reason i made the switch was to save money, i was told if i combined my broadband with line rental i would be charged €100 + VAT every two monthly bill.

Since the Dept. pays €42 odd for line rental i was expecting a bill of roughly €58 every two months....great idea, not!

Since then they have screwed everything up, credits due to me are not being applied, i have lost count how many times i have called them, they refuse to generate a new bill with all the credits due to me applied.

They tell me i have to wait for the next bill in January, and then another billing error was discovered today and then they tell me i'll have to wait until the issue of the March bill for those credits.

So while all these phantom credits are building up, three at this stage, money keeps on coming out of my bank account with no end in sight.

This bill issued November is for €83.12, when in reality i should be in CREDIT. I had one credit appoved to my account in October for €43 yet it wasn't applied to this bill.

Then they didn't deduct my €42 free line rental from the Dept. also for this bill, i talk to these customer care people on the phone and NO ONE can help me, they can't even add and subtract many of them, they don't have a clue what all the charges are for or even how they arrive at the figures on the bill.

I called COMREG, they told me to request a formal complaint refrence number and BT have to reply within 10 working days....why can't they just generate a new bill with the credits applied???...why?

Why can't they send me a cheque?, why do i have to wait months for credits to be applied on bills?, why is it taking 6 months for them to sort out my account despite hours on the phone and pointing out all the errors to them.

Please help me, i am at a loss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 happydayz

I had the same problem and wasted countless emails and time on hold until I got a generic email apologising and promising I would be credited. At any rate, my bill is now higher than it was when I had Eircom rental..it's averaging 75 Eur per month even though I use my mobile to make most of my phone calls.......The one issue I'm not happy about is how they bumped me up to a faster package (2MB download instead of 1MB) without asking me when they introduced the higher speeds about 6 months ago... I'll be moving house in 3 months and am now thinking who I'll use then...it won't be BT..I'm thinking SMART telecom for 35Euro all-in...is it too good to be true though? Anyone got any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

happydayz wrote:
    I'm thinking SMART telecom for 35Euro all-in...is it too good to be true though? Anyone got any recommendations?
    If you can get Smart sure go ahead but if you can get NTL it would be even better for you as you can then get VOIP and get rid of the phone line forever.

Advertisement