Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario for PC

Options
  • 25-11-2005 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Can this be got if how ? cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

as in the orginal ones? im wud say YES just enter mario rom's into google and get a nes/snes/n64 etc emulator and off u go all should b free [/edit once u own the original ofcourse...;) im sure u do:rolleyes: ] with nice small downloads that even a dial up can coup with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    as in the orginal ones? im wud say YES just enter mario rom's into google and get a nes/snes/n64 etc emulator and off u go all should b free with nice small downloads that even a dial up can coup with

yeah, you might want to edit that answer a bit.

To the OP, theres a thing called an emulator, which can emulate different platforms, consoles, even calculators or different operating systems. The snes can also be emulated this way, the games are stored as roms, but it is illegal to posess these unless you own the original game cartridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

im pretty sure theres a windows version around somewhere
    i remember playing a .exe

homemade ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

mp3guy wrote:

To the OP, theres a thing called an emulator, which can emulate different platforms, consoles, even calculators or different operating systems. The snes can also be emulated this way, the games are stored as roms, but it is illegal to posess these unless you own the original game cartridge.

I'm pretty sure it's still illegal to get it even if you do own the game cartridge, commercial ROMs are illegal however homemade ones that aren't being commercially published are not illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

you could try supertux for linux, its a mario clone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

mp3guy wrote:
    what's the point of him editing it if you've quoted the entire post anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

I'm pretty sure the original "Mario Bros" (monsters come out of pipes and you punch them from below. repeat) was available for PC, but it might have been Mac. I remember playing it in Power City a ridiculously long time ago.

Advertisement