Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boro fan fatally stabbed

• 25-11-2005 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭

Sky sports wrote:
    A Middlesbrough supporter has been fatally stabbed in Amsterdam following the club's Uefa Cup clash against AZ Alkmaar on Thursday.

Police have also confirmed that another man suffered serious injuries following the match which took place 40 miles from the Dutch capital.

A Cleveland Police spokeswoman said: "We are in regular contact with police in Holland following information received by Cleveland Police this morning of an attack that took place in Amsterdam.

"This incident resulted in the death of one man and severe injuries to another man."

Heard this on the radio earlier but didnt know if it was a fan or not, terrible news.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Very sad indeed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Terrible news. This kind of thing shouldnt happen in the world of football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

And I thought Turkey was bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

andyman wrote:
    And I thought Turkey was bad.

Not trying to stir ****, but you'll generally find the English fans are to blame.

PS Nice avatar and join date!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

dublindude wrote:
    Not trying to stir ****, but you'll generally find the English fans are to blame.

PS Nice avatar and join date!

That is bad and stirring sh** we know nothing about who this guy was. May he rest in peace.

• Advertisement

dbnavan wrote:
    That is bad and stirring sh** we know nothing about who this guy was. May he rest in peace.

Yeah, but it's not unknown for scumbags to go to English games and start trouble.

People generally don't get stabbed for no reason!

dublindude wrote:
    Yeah, but it's not unknown for scumbags to go to English games and start trouble.

People generally don't get stabbed for no reason!
    From reading some of ur other posts u don't seem to be the brightest tool in the box, very quick to run down other nationalalities so I think I wont even bother getting into a debate with someone who is so narrow minded.

dbnavan wrote:
    From reading some of ur other posts u don't seem to be the brightest tool in the box, very quick to run down other nationalalities so I think I wont even bother getting into a debate with someone who is so narrow minded.

WTF?

I run down nationalities?
    I'm narrow minded?
    I'm not bright?

I never run down nationalities. I have issues with Americans and Israelis, other than that, I LOVE FOREIGN PEOPLE.

Narrow minded?? LOL. I'm probably the most liberal, open minded person you'll ever meet.

Not bright? :) I have two degrees and I'm a trained accountant. I know anyone can get an education, but saying I'm not bright is ridiculous. Maybe you don't like my opinions, but that's a totally different matter.

Attack the post, not the poster, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

dublindude wrote:
    other than that, I LOVE FOREIGN PEOPLE.
    You dont seem to have a big fondness for black African guys in Dublin if I recall.... and I'm sure I could find that post now search is back ;)

Would have been better had you phrased it "In my opinion, the English fans are to blame generally ...", because a lot of people, me included, dont share yours.
    Without it, you clearly are stirring the s***

whiskeyman wrote:
    You dont seem to have a big fondness for black African guys in Dublin if I recall....

I think some Africans can be sleazy. Black has nothing to do with it...

But yes, I agree, I type blunt. Can't help it, I'm a blunt, honest person! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

dublindude wrote:
    Black has nothing to do with it...
    well, you mentioned it a lot in "that" post... it was even in the title...

Anyway... (back to point ;) ), being so blunt on such controversial issues is always going to bring an angry backlash.
    Best you try and state it with more focus and keep your opinions known as opposed to making statements with litte or no ground (like above).

If you dont, you'll keep getting such reactions.... and maybe more stalkers :p

Oh, and just to let you know, a Dutch man has been arrested in the murder inquiry.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/4472762.stm

whiskeyman wrote:
    Oh, and just to let you know, a Dutch man has been arrested in the murder inquiry.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/4472762.stm

Good! Please don't think for a second I was suggesting he deserved it. I was simply saying if you ask for trouble you must be prepared for the consequences... (yes, he may be an innocent bloke, but it's more likely he isn't.)

dublindude wrote:
    Good! Please don't think for a second I was suggesting he deserved it. I was simply saying if you ask for trouble you must be prepared for the consequences... (yes, he may be an innocent bloke, but it's more likely he isn't.)
    For a minute there i thought you were seeing sense then u go and ruin it, u say u have degrees? obviousily not in people or communication skills

dublindude wrote:
    I think some Africans can be sleazy.
    some irish can be sleazy, infact all nationalities can have some sleazy element.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Kingp35 wrote:
    Terrible news. This kind of thing shouldnt happen in the world of football

I disagree. This kind of thing shouldn't happen in the world.

Advertisement