Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Shock Absorbers..

Options
  • 25-11-2005 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently bought a set of rear shock absorbers for a Nissan Almera 99 3 dr.
    When I jacked it up I realised the dust covers (rubber bit covering the shaft)
    were perished. So I got on the blower to the motor factors and they said, oh ye we don't sell those... contact your Nissan dealer..

So Monday morning, got on the phone to the local dealer and apparently they don't sell the dust covers separately any more (they used to under part number 552402F002).You have to buy the shock absorber and dust cover together now. So I was wondering if anybody knew where I might get these or a universal one that might fit..

Any help greatly appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mod_Man wrote:
    Hi,

Recently bought a set of rear shock absorbers for a Nissan Almera 99 3 dr.
    When I jacked it up I realised the dust covers (rubber bit covering the shaft)
    were perished. So I got on the blower to the motor factors and they said, oh ye we don't sell those... contact your Nissan dealer..

So Monday morning, got on the phone to the local dealer and apparently they don't sell the dust covers separately any more (they used to under part number 552402F002).You have to buy the shock absorber and dust cover together now. So I was wondering if anybody knew where I might get these or a universal one that might fit..

Any help greatly appreciated..

I'm not sure really.

The only places I can think of is either go to a scrap yard and look for an Almera or first try ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Mod_Man

bazz26 wrote:
    I'm not sure really.

The only places I can think of is either go to a scrap yard and look for an Almera or first try ebay.

Thanks Bazz, I'll try a couple in the morning.. I was hoping to get new ones though.. Perhaps somewhere sells a universal one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Be creative!
    Theyre only plastic covers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Mod_Man

Ye I was thinking steering rack boots.. some other car shock boots.. even Bin liners :D . I found a web site in the US that sells them (Nissan Sentra seems to be the same as the Almera) but NCT Retest is next week so I'm going to just get a set of shocks out of the scrap yard @ 40 yoyos each..

Now I know why maindealer prices are so expensive... its just less hastle :)

The Ironic thing is My other car with completly knackered back shocks passed as they only test imabalance between the shocks.. that will teach me to drive over the edge of speed ramps :)

Advertisement