Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart connection on Dolphins Barn Exchange iffy tonight - Friday 25th Nov

• 25-11-2005 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Is anyone having any problems with their connection on SmartBB tonight? Specifically anyone on the Dolphins Barn exchange?

I'm not sure if its smart or the router thats causing the problem as I've had outages on and off all day long. I'm not using the aolynk router its a linkys wag345 which has proven very reliable over the past few months.

I've hard rebooted several times today and it seems to have come back up just now but I'm ot sure it will stay that way.

Anyway if theres anyone else out there with similar problems tonight let me know.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

machalla wrote:
    Is anyone having any problems with their connection on SmartBB tonight? Specifically anyone on the Dolphins Barn exchange?
    I'm not sure if its smart or the router thats causing the problem as I've had outages on and off all day long. I'm not using the aolynk router its a linkys wag345 which has proven very reliable over the past few months.
    I've hard rebooted several times today and it seems to have come back up just now but I'm ot sure it will stay that way.
    Anyway if theres anyone else out there with similar problems tonight let me know.
    Thanks!
    Didn't notice anything myself, (though wasn't online much). Checked my router (Aolynk) and it's been 'up' for the last 27 days.

Garfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

machalla wrote:

Thanks!

did you check your router settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Thanks for the replies. Localised problem obviously. I unplugged the router and left it overnight and it "seems" ok again.

Time shall tell. No problems up till yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

There were some issues at inex last night, which might have impacted you./

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Hmm I wonder if thats whats still happening. Seems unlikely. The connection seems to stay up for a few minutes at a time and then drop again. The only way to get it back up seems to be to physically unplug the router and plug it back in again! Even a hard reset doesn't seem to work.

I may have a problem.

I will have to try the aolynk router again and see what happens with that. Nothing out of the ordinary is runnig on the connection either. It just seems to drop for no obvious reason.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement