Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Gnome

• 25-11-2005 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Dont know if people have seen this yet, as you can't buy it over here:

http://www1.sky.com/skygnome/

Its like a digibox remote control, which will allow you to listen to the radio station you are playing on your tv anywhere in the hosue/garden for example. Thing is its a transmitter, think iTrip, and that is why you cant buy it over here. However this was requested as a Christmas present, and while I have no problem purchasing one in the UK, Sky keep making the point that it 'won't work over here.'

How I cant find anything in the tech spec to suggest why it wouldnt work, and so Im assuming this is just sky being crazy - but I thought I might look for some opinons on it just in case....

Anyone agree with me? (will work)
    Anyone agree with Sky? (wont work)
    Anyone not care? (oops, sorry)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

440Hz wrote:
    Its like a digibox remote control...

damn it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

of course it will work over here, the digiboxes in the uk and here are the same.

i havnt looked at ebay yet, but search on there, im sure someone will be selling them.

Advertisement