Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Cape" (aka the Hi-B) goes up for sale

Options
  • 26-11-2005 3:57pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Cape Complex, formerly known as the Hibernian, in Tramore has gone up for sale again. Includes the disco, off-licence, pubs, hotel etc. Wasn't it only a few years ago that the old building - The Hi-B - was up for sale, and was the centre of a bidding row? Joe O'Shea, Freddie Piper, Paul Jackman were amongst the bidders? Cant re-call for sure.

It has the potential to be a nice premises if someone bought it who had a genuine interest, and would re-develop it better. Perfect spot, but at the moment, its still a tip (besides a horrid paint job).

If Freddie (owner of the Sands Complex, Freddies / Atlantic Ballroom Arcade, Cove OffLicence amongst many other buildings/houses/apartments in Tramore) took it over, I could imagine him doing a good job of it. The Sands Complex seems good (apart from all the trouble which happens in the Baldy Man and guest complaining they cant sleep because of the music) and well run.

If Joe O'Shea bought it, he would either A) Do a decent job and merge his premisses into it - good idea. or B) Let it run like O'Shea's Hotel is at the moment with under-agers going in and trouble happening a lot of the time (like what happened in the Summer 2005) - bad idea.

If Paul Jackman bought it - I doubt he will. He sold up a lot of his premisses including The Vic in Tramore, trying to sell the old Railway Station etc. If he did, its hard to say what it would be like. South didn't exactly go very well. :S

What ya think?

N.B. I, nor Boards.ie or anyone else, can be held responsible for anyone's comments (or mine) regarding the premisses stated above. These are just the personal opinion of the posters, and no offence or harm is meant. The posters / boards.ie take no responsibility for any damage or annoyance this may cause to anyone. :D

Advertisement