Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pay As You Go 3g Phones For Xmas

• 26-11-2005 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I was on the VF website this morning and saw they have the new Motorola E770V for €149 including €100 call credit that is put on at €10 a month over 10 months.

I went down to the store at lunch and bought one ....just charged it up and have to say for a cheap 3G phone its great value..even has bluetooth and Tri Band. The picture quality is good too. Its about time there was a decent deal on 3G pay as you go Id say it will sell well.

Good thing is I have VF UK SIM too and I called up the BF call center and they have ordered my unlock code for me ....fair play!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

does motorola e770v come with a usb cable and is the video good and is it full screen playback,can it capture video and is the camera good?Is the screen good?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I got it for 99 during one of their price-drop periods.

It doesn't come with a cable. However a blackberry cable, PSP cable or anyone with a mini-a plug (I think its called) will do the job if you want to transfer files etc from the transflash card. However if you want to access the data on the phone itself you need the Motorola software which is extra.

You can playback videos fullscreen - I downloaded some GAA stuff and it does that, it can capture video and it seems grand.

The camera is grand - the Cork lights picture on my blog was taken out the car window at night. I took test shots and they seem the same - more or less - as the K700i but the Moto has better adjustments for light conditions.

The screen is nice but the voda branding is a bit of a pain so change the themes !

Bluetooth is good, has interesting predictive text etc and the 64mb card is ideal along with the 30mb onboard. The headphones give decent sound for the MP3 player.

I did a video call with someone on 3 and the video was alright but the sound was a bit choppy..

For 99euro with 100 credit I'm happy with it - I'll only be using it for photoblogging so it suits me.

Advertisement