Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A irishbroadband Nightmare Story

Options
  • 26-11-2005 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I have a tale of woe with regard to Irish broadband and am wondering if anyone else has had the same problems .I signed up to this service in October and have regretted it ever since .The average speed of my connection is 40Kbs which is even slower than dial up . APPARENTLY THE HIGH SITES ARE A REAL PROBLEM AND THE SERVICE IS TOTALLY OVER SUBSCRIBED WHICH SMACKS OF VERY POOR MANAGEMENT . Add to that a truly disgraceful customer support and what seems to be a couldn't care less attitude . I am on the verge of getting rid of this dreadful service but i will have to revert to dial up as i am one of the many people who Eir CON will not entertain when it come to broadband ( that's another story altogether ) .

I SPOKE TO ONE OF IRISHBROADBANDS ENGINEEERS ON THE SIDE AND HE TELLS ME THAT THE WHOLE IRISH BROADBAND SYSTEM IS IN DISARAY AND THAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A NON STARTER .

I contacted Comgeg and a lovely lady told me that all of this was totally out of their control and directed me to the fine print in my contract concerning minimum coverage .

I am interested to know is there anyone else out there in the same boat as me or am i imaginings things ? Is Irish broad having a laugh at its customers expense or do they intend getting off their corporate backsides and sorting out this mess ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

This is very well know IBB have a long, dire history in this. Look at the broadband forum Comp->Nets/Comms->Broadband. Look at some of the IBB threads and see what other users of the service say, right now it's mainly full of threads about the the shower of b*stards that is eircon. Good Luck, you'll need it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's run by the folks who make the carpark around dublin called M50, Irish Troll Roads.

Much of the links does not use proper Wireless Broadband frequencies but adapted "wiFi" gear.

Many users get worse performance than ISDN.

I posted a mad story about IBB in the Broadband forum you wouldn't beleive.

Hopefully next week I get my Digiweb "Metro" install.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You may have other options then Eircom or IBB, you should check with the following companies:

NTL (cable BB)
    Smart Telecom
    Magnet
    Digiweb Metro (wireless BB, seems much better then IBB)
    Clearwire (wireless BB)

NTL is particularly good.

Advertisement