Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick broadband / azureus question

• 26-11-2005 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been using Azureus for a while and never had any problems. Now however I notice that once Azureus is started my DSL connection (ESatBT) slows to a crawl for normal web browsing.

If I have Azureus closed and I ping boards.ie I get 20ms response. However as soon as I open Azureus and even if it's not uploading or downloading, pings go up to 450ms or time out.

I didn't change any settings afaik and have uninstalled / re-installed Java + Azureus.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Well i'm not sure what exactly could the problem be, but i recommend you trying Utorrent... best torrent program i've used and also very easy on the computer (unlike azureus, which drinks memory...) and is only around 100 kb file..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Put a cap on your uploads, I find that 8kb/s is grand. You could probably get away with 9kb/s aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Ya try utorrent or bitcomet and cap your upload as daveyjoe said
    to around 8Kb/s when downloading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

daveyjoe wrote:
    Put a cap on your uploads, I find that 8kb/s is grand. You could probably get away with 9kb/s aswell.
    Thats what I thought aswell but he says his pings are affected by just having Azureus open, and not uploading or downloading anything.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

Thanks for the responses.

I did a search earlier on boards and found the cap upload thing. I've it capped in azureus and netlimiter. [you can never be to careful ;) ]

It was like that for the last week but now seems to be behaving itself again. The magic of posting on boards.ie

Mark.

• Advertisement
Advertisement