Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Yes - Mid Table obscurity awaits
    Roddy will be gone on monday it'll be announced by 400 club mark my words, those in the know, Know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

No - They'll be the nearly boys of the 1st div
    mchurl wrote:
    Rovers will be fine imo. They have some of the most loyal fans in the country and also their finances are now well and truly under control so they can take care of others now such as getting rid of roddy

If you bothered to read my replies then you would know that noting is certain , they wont be fine they have to work hard to insure that they dont become another dundalk. Loyal fans dont win matches , players managers do.

i know what your saying sarge but, and plaese don't take this as a slur to your fine club, the shamrock rovers name as a brand is a bigger comidity (spelling) its a more attractive prospect for advertisers, player, staff etc, and with Tallaght Community Stadium on the horizon and the untapped fanbase that is west county dublin we should be ok, we've some of the premier underage football in the land and now were debt free we should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sarge they wont need to run a Premier team as they dont have one, if they did they wouldnt have been relegated. Next season for them will be as cheap as chips. They HAVE to have a good cup run so the cheap players they will have will be on a massive cup bonuses. As the Rovers fans gathered 10k to pay the players if they had beaten DCFC, they will do so again just by proper means and not a whip round.

Nice to see all Rovers fans in the know.

kdjac

I dont think its going to be as easy , as blu_sonic is making out that is a sure certainty.There will me a massive clean up with players leaving to play top flight football.

Sarge wrote:
    I dont think its going to be as easy , as blu_sonic is making out that is a sure certainty.There will me a massive clean up with players leaving to play top flight football.

I doubt that, they may be leaving but not many of them will be playing top flight football. Rutherford Molloy maybe, they have 2 kids in midfield sweetman and someone else who they will want to hang onto, look promising. But other than that its LSL football for the rest, very very poor side.

kdjac

I haven’t seen them play this season, do I sense you judging your opinions on these players because of your hatred for rovers as a pats fan ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

No - Welcome to the Dead Zone
    blu_sonic wrote:
    ps, i don't recognise 1 of those guys in that pics and i know who the trouble makers are for rovers, (they've all been banned froim home games) non of them in the pic do i know, they are gypos not hoops

Without trying to be disrespectful, its a fact those lads are Hoops fans, or at least attend Hoops games (muppets like that dont deserve to be called fans). The picture was taken in Longford, the week after the derby in which it was stolen. There was war over it. IIRC Bohs fans defacing the Milltown memorial statue was revenge for the stealing of it.

Do a search on some of the other clubs sites, or foot.ie, and read up on it all. Once again, Hoops "attendees".

i'll take your word for it eins you've always been solid and your comments seemed believable, sarge its all about the belief in the club and that the quality in Div1 is there bar one or 2 teams, kdjac for the team you have i wouldn't be slagging off the players in other teams, remember the 8 points deduction saved pats this year

• Advertisement

Sarge wrote:
    I haven’t seen them play this season, do I sense you judging your opinions on these players because of your hatred for rovers as a pats fan ;)

hehe no they really are a poor side, and its not hatred more a strong dislike. hatred is reserved for Shels :p

The 8 point deduction that should have been instant relegation. We have an excellent team shame they havent played together yet. Conceded half the amount of goals from the previous season. Anyway its all irrelevant league has yet to decide the amount of teams that will be in next season PL so you may yet be saved, im just taking the piss out you lot really :D

kdjac

you've said on numours occasion "i hate rovers" your team were rubbish last year though we got what was coming to us in the guise of the 8pts deduction etc we all in all accumilated more points than pats

My favourite is http://www.hooligandvds.net/product_info.php?cPath=22_24_44&products_id=64&osCsid=72f0ad4fce14d602482772648ca3ab96 :o:)

http://www.bohemians.ie/news0705.htm 3rd news item from the bottom.

But, back on topic; Rovers will have a very difficult few years, but I expect them to be back within the next year or two, occupying mid-table positions for the next 5 or 6 years anyways. But its safe to say the club will not die. It won't be allowed to happen!

blu_sonic wrote:
    you've said on numours occasion "i hate rovers" your team were rubbish last year though we got what was coming to us in the guise of the 8pts deduction etc we all in all accumilated more points than pats

We accumulated more points than you and Shels in 2001 but still came 3rd, we didnt cheat or try to gain an unfair advantage. Rovers cheated and sought to gain an advantage by gaining a licence they didnt have the criteria to get. Should have been instant relegation as it would be in any other country or if the FAI had passed on judgement to UEFA.

And its a strong dislike of Rovers, and maybe hatred or lack of love towards your casual fans. Im undecided on that one atm but definitley happy your gone.

/Einz i have that DVD if you want a copy.

kdjac

:) Cheers man, is it worth watching?

KdjaC wrote:

/Einz i have that DVD if you want a copy.

kdjac

I would love a copy of it :D

• Advertisement

Not really its kinda sickening tbh, used to work with one of the Casuals and he gave it to me. Some of the stuff in Longford is just sick.

But its not Rovers fans its old men dressed up and at the end they get unmasked as DCFC fans and say to some real Rovers fans "damn pesky kids" and one of the Rovers fans says "SCOOBY DOOBY DOO" and everyone laughs.

kdjac

wow point taken that just can't be defended, people like that shouldn't be called rovers supporters. although nicking the flag does seem a little funny, like in those us films when the jocks steal the other teams mascot lol

now just look at the EL table for 2005, see the points deduction from rovers? its what relegated us, pity our previous bord were crap but c'est la vie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

i'd love to see it too!!

then buy it.
    i don't understand you bunch your all the 1st to condemn that kind of behavour but are all queing up to watch it on video? whats that all about?

blu_sonic wrote:
    then buy it.
    i don't understand you bunch your all the 1st to condemn that kind of behavour but are all queing up to watch it on video? whats that all about?

Good point would imagine its the "car crash" mentality. Could also be most pople have heard of this **** but never seen it. You seemed shocked to know of this dvd so others may also find that people like me bitching about the casuals without any real news or evidence are just talking crap and may want to see for themselves. But i reckon its just the car crash mentality, see a car crash and you find yourself looking at it for a while.

kdjac

• Advertisement

your probably right it just means that it gives these hooligans (not my choice of words, the charter prevents me from using those words)
    a) fame
    b) cult following
    c) money
    d) support

and in effect taking entertainment from this shows that viewers condon it

blu_sonic wrote:
    your probably right it just means that it gives these hooligans (not my choice of words, the charter prevents me from using those words)
    a) fame
    b) cult following
    c) money
    d) support

and in effect taking entertainment from this shows that viewers condon it
    In my case, its more of just a point and laugh at the scumbags thing (I mean the people in the video, not all Rovers fans - before that upsets anyone! :)). It seems like the kind of thing to watch with a few mates and a few cans.

As for the points deduction, it was either a measly 8 points, or kicked out of the league. At least it being so close to the start of the season (and only having 8 points at the time - the reason they didn't take more) it gave you the best fighting chance. Unfortunately for the club and its fans, the board acted as Shamrock Rovers FC, and it is the entity of Shamrock Rovers FC that must be punished (in the same way that Rovers (and all other clubs fans) would tell Shelbourne fans "tough sh1t" if Ollie fcuked us all up illegally, and then walked off). But they got the lightest sentence really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

KdjaC wrote:
    May they rot in Division 1, you will not be missed.

kdjac

May you get a brain. We will be missed. Come back to me when you are at home to CHF.

After reading this post I wonder how on earth you are a moderator. You claim that "you heard in a pub" that the Rovers manager job was being touted around. You claim that it was a whip around bonus the players were on if we stayed up. Complete and utter rubbish.:rolleyes:

You also claim that there was trouble when we last played you at Richmond. Again wrong. With the amount of crap you make up you should write for the herag.

There was an idea that Rovers fans should march to tolka from Quinns friday in a repeat of what used to happen years ago. A phone call was placed to Whitehall cop shop to see if this was ok. Yet incredibly the herag printed lies on friday that they had picked up off our forum (not for the first time) that it was gonna be a march for trouble makers and even had a photographer outside Quinns:eek:

We do NOT have a big problem with trouble makers. They are in a the minority. I seem to remember some of your fans trying to burn our flag a few years back. We have barred individuals from games this season. FACT. There has been trouble at the last 2 boez league games. FACT.

The fact that as a moderator you can get away with these lies is amazing. You would be out of your depth in a puddle. We're more in the know than you'll ever be.

That you have 10,000 + posts says it all:rolleyes:

May you get a brain. We will be missed. Come back to me when you are at home to CHF.

10k less Security bill oh how we will cry.

After reading this post I wonder how on earth you are a moderator. You claim that "you heard in a pub" that the Rovers manager job was being touted around. You claim that it was a whip around bonus the players were on if we stayed up. Complete and utter rubbish.:rolleyes:

Holy crapfork batman i posted 2 WEEKS before Roddy was suspended that he was being removed for the last game......Time machine eh?

You also claim that there was trouble when we last played you at Richmond. Again wrong. With the amount of crap you make up you should write for the herag.

Table thrown down the dressing room, seats in MC Ds slashed. Not Fiction FACT see also www.foot.ie for other incidents at the bus stop at the church.

There was an idea that Rovers fans should march to tolka from Quinns friday in a repeat of what used to happen years ago. A phone call was placed to Whitehall cop shop to see if this was ok. Yet incredibly the herag printed lies on friday that they had picked up off our forum (not for the first time) that it was gonna be a march for trouble makers and even had a photographer outside Quinns:eek:

Eh good for you, marching to Limerick next season.

We do NOT have a big problem with trouble makers. They are in a the minority. I seem to remember some of your fans trying to burn our flag a few years back. We have barred individuals from games this season. FACT. There has been trouble at the last 2 boez league games. FACT.

3 Questions all easy ones, Why are ANY rovers fans not allowed in Longford? Why do Shels fans love you this season? Why dont you play your home games in Richmond?
    Ah the minority excuse, this i lvoe the most simply as if it wasnt for these scumbags Rovers would be long gone. From 95 to 00 they were the only fans you had that were true enough to go to Tolka/Dalymount/Richmond/Santry.

The fact that as a moderator you can get away with these lies is amazing. You would be out of your depth in a puddle. We're more in the know than you'll ever be.

LOL have you seen the Dvd?

Iraqi PR guy is looking for a job tbh hes the best person for you lot.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

speriamo wrote:

Says all what? In fairness, the fact that you have come onto boards all guns blazing, criticising people left, right and centre speaks volumes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

speriamo wrote:

What makes you think his position as a moderator means he should be held to a higher standard than ordinary posters? You keep mentioning KdjaC is a moderator, what difference does that make? Rules is rules is rules.

If you've a problem with his "lies" either report the post, or prove him wrong. Ranting wins neither argument nor friends.

degrading into a bit of a slagging match here lads. can we get to back to talking about rovers?

KdjaC wrote:

10k less Security bill oh how we will cry.

10k for one game? Dream on. Who you employing? An army?

Holy crapfork batman i posted 2 WEEKS before Roddy was suspended that he was being removed for the last game......Time machine eh?

Batman I dont read all your posts thankfully. I was referring to your CYM manager comment.

Table thrown down the dressing room, seats in MC Ds slashed. Not Fiction FACT see also www.foot.ie for other incidents at the bus stop at the church.

First I've heard of it. Honestly didnt see any of that. But I was referring to inside the ground. Re the table incident. Did Pats report that to Rovers?

Eh good for you, marching to Limerick next season.

Point I was making here was that your thinking is that ALL Rovers are "casuals" or trouble makers. If so why would we ring the cops then to ask for their permission?

3 Questions all easy ones, Why are ANY rovers fans not allowed in Longford?

You must be joking. I was down there recently, not Rovers related, and I got "into" Longford:rolleyes: If you mean the ground we got in alright last seaosn.

Why do Shels fans love you this season?

Could not care less why they do or dont love us really. They cant say anything when their CEO attacks our manager from behind and they have a pitch invasion after every game.

Why dont you play your home games in Richmond?

Well Pats wanted us to continue but the residents didnt which is incredible when you consider that the owner of the H&J sponsored the supporters club football team and Inchicore is a dump.

Ah the minority excuse, this i lvoe the most simply as if it wasnt for these scumbags Rovers would be long gone. From 95 to 00 they were the only fans you had that were true enough to go to Tolka/Dalymount/Richmond/Santry.

Its not an excuse. Its a fact. 10 pindividuals were barred this season out of an average crowd of 1,000. That is a minority. This proves that you are talking through your arse. So you are calling ALL Rovers fans scumbags then? You are way out of your depth here. Stop digging that hole.

LOL have you seen the Dvd?

Had a look at the link for the DVD. It mentions a UEFA game against a yugoslav side in 2002. That was the womens side. Think you were done there.

Iraqi PR guy is looking for a job tbh hes the best person for you lot.

You are deluded.

Joesoap I wasnt "criticising people left right and centre". Just this one who is wrong.

Therecklessone surely a moderator is above making false accusations. I'm not "ranting" just replying to his rumours and half truths.

How is anything false?

I can see what happened here, you read the 1st post then hit reply and never bothered to read the other 5 pages. Rovers fans tried to attack DCFC fans on friday night FACT! 4 other people who where at the game and the The Star have confirmed this. Why do you see reason to say its a false accusation?

Everything else you have posted is nonsense really. The usual Rovers " it wasnt us, we were provoked etc etc " Thak god i will not have to listen to this for at least a year or see the new incidents where your lovely fans are provoked etc.

/And yes it costs 3k to secure a game in the El unless rovers are playing then its 10k. The gardais overtime is paid by the clubs.

kdjac

speriamo wrote:

Therecklessone surely a moderator is above making false accusations. I'm not "ranting" just replying to his rumours and half truths.

He's not a moderator of this board, on here he's just another punter. My original point stands.

• Advertisement

speriamo wrote:
    Could not care less why they do or dont love us really. They cant say anything when their CEO attacks our manager from behind and they have a pitch invasion after every game.

We can say plenty thanks.

Luckily Shelbourne supporters don't have a reputation with bringing violence with them wherever they go. Ollie Byrne's actions should not be viewed as being in any way an indication of the nature of our fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Rovers relegation only cost us app 15k as we only were to play them once next season and between Friday nights bar takings and the fact that we'll probably get them in the cup next year should make up for that.

KdjaC wrote:
    How is anything false?

Eh the longford accusation. The accusation that ALL Rovers fans are troublemakers. I never said there was no hassle friday. So ALL Rovers fans attacked CHF???

I can see what happened here, you read the 1st post then hit reply and never bothered to read the other 5 pages. Rovers fans tried to attack DCFC fans on friday night FACT! 4 other people who where at the game and the The Star have confirmed this. Why do you see reason to say its a false accusation?

I have read all of this thread such as this nonsense:
    Me i hate them since the 80s having to hear them whilst winning the 4 in a row, then after that Rovers casuals have brought shame to the club whilst those running the club and others supporting it have waived any reports of trouble or problems by blaming anyone but themselves. Leaving the situation to get worse and worse season after season. Im amazed noone has been killed or seriously hurt with their antics.

What part of individuals have been barred do you not understand?:rolleyes: Speaking of almost killing someone what about the cork fan who was hit by a rock at richmond?

More rubbish:
    Funny you mention Cork, what happened when you went to Cork? Was it all playfulness and handshakes all round, oh no a a 5 page thread on foot.ie said otherwise but of course Cork fans started it , Rovers just defending themselves etc etc insert bull**** excuse etc etc.

Before the game we always meet cork fans and there's no hassle. They know that there is a minority in both clubs that will cause hassle. I was down there and a section of their support threw bottles into us when they scored. This was acknowledged by all and captured on camera. Unlike you we therefore dont tar ALL cork fans as troublemakers.

Everything else you have posted is nonsense really. The usual Rovers " it wasnt us, we were provoked etc etc " Thak god i will not have to listen to this for at least a year or see the new incidents where your lovely fans are provoked etc.

Coming from you that is laughable. Again where did I say we were provoked?

To sum up you can come on here and make baseless accusations that ALL Rovers fans are troublemakers then when I as a Rovers fan come on and counter these accusations with facts you say I post "nonsense".

I know you're slow but here are the facts: Yes we do have a MINORITY of troublemakers and yes we do acknowledge that. They have been around for years but now for the first time under a very competent board they are barred.

Lastly sometimes when I'm in a rush from work and go to a game I dont wear colours. Does that make me a "casual"?

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    We can say plenty thanks.

Luckily Shelbourne supporters don't have a reputation with bringing violence with them wherever they go. Ollie Byrne's actions should not be viewed as being in any way an indication of the nature of our fans.

A CEO should be setting an example.

If giving Roddy Collins a clip around the ear is what he did, I'd gladly follow that example!

(Please note the sarcasm, I'm not a violent guy!)

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    If giving Roddy Collins a clip around the ear is what he did, I'd gladly follow that example!

(Please note the sarcasm, I'm not a violent guy!)

Looking forward to hearing that court case. Proves that oily is not the brightest starting on the brother of the ex World Super Middleweight Champion!

Roddy Collins (to and aging and edgy Shelbourne CEO): "I'll get me brother after ye"

:p

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Roddy Collins (to and aging and edgy Shelbourne CEO): "I'll get me brother after ye"

:p

Well he certainly didnt need to that night! Oily in court yet again what a shock:D

speriamo wrote:
    Well he certainly didnt need to that night! Oily in court yet again what a shock:D

I can think of a lot of people that wouldn't mind giving roddy a clip or two!!

• Advertisement

speriamo wrote:
    <snip>

Some friendly advice...

Might want to use quote tags
    to seperate out what you're quoting and what you have to say yourself, cos post #84 makes no sense whatsoever, I've no idea who said what, and I'd imagine if you only want to engage KdjaC in debate then he doesn't either.

Take that how you will.

Some friendly advice...

Might want to use quote tags to seperate out what you're quoting and what you have to say yourself, cos post #84 makes no sense whatsoever, I've no idea who said what, and I'd imagine if you only want to engage KdjaC in debate then he doesn't either.

Take that how you will.

No worries. Somebody with thousands of posts would know these things. My quotes are in black. Kdjac probably doesnt want to engage in debate cos he's talking through his rectum.

speriamo wrote:
    I know you're slow but here are the facts: Yes we do have a MINORITY of troublemakers and yes we do acknowledge that. They have been around for years but now for the first time under a very competent board they are barred.

Lets be brutally honest here. A minority perhaps; every single one of the troublemakers barred - not a chance. :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Well whatever about Roddy Collins hes gone now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

finally..

will Alan O'Neill be given the job on a full time basis now?

No Alan does'nt want it. My choice would be Dolan or Scully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't see Dolan wanting to take on a first division job - even if it will only be that for a season. Scully would be my choice, he's got a wide knowledge of the first division and would jump at the job.

speriamo wrote:
    No worries. Somebody with thousands of posts would know these things. My quotes are in black. Kdjac probably doesnt want to engage in debate cos he's talking through his rectum.

Longford ALL Rovers fans are barred not by me but by Longford they made the assumption ALL your fans are scum, i only used that as a basis to show that is a rather large element within the Rovers fanbase to cause trouble. Longford have specifically said ALL fans. I quoted the Star as saying "Rovers fans" not ALL fans. If you going to try and pick holes in an argument at least do it right.

What part of individuals have been barred do you not understand? Speaking of almost killing someone what about the cork fan who was hit by a rock at richmond?

That was sickening and i think Gimmick summed up what happened there, a one off incidnet involving kids (kids under the age of 15) Not Adults who release DVDs of their actions. (Sadly there is one way for me and any of the other EL fans to end this long running argument about Rovers "casual" fans it only involves posting 3 clips of that DVD but its showing illegal activities and therefore i cant do it on Boards.ie )
    Cork...fans barred

Sadly i would like to agree the new board will do something about it but you dont bite the hand that feeds you (and that hand has fed them for a long time), and the fact within the 400 club are 5 people i know to be "casuals" as one gave me that dvd and the others are just dumbasses, i find it hard to believe that they will ban themselves. This is an ongoing problem in the league and its getting worse, bad stadiums, security and crowd control are all factors but the intent of some to cause trouble is evident. I base what i see on my own exp and its fairly simple i rring my kids to games but i have never brought them to a Rovers game and sadly altho i would like them to for good part of playing Rovers the atmosphere etc:, Pats, the police and stewards cannot gaurantee anyones safety when Rovers have their "casuals" in the ground or outside.

The "casuals" are the ones who have kept the club going there is no disputing that fact, and now with relegation will they still be the ones going week in week out?

And yes poor Roddy is gone from you and a step closer to us, and the million dollar question (actually 60kish ) did you get rid of him without having to pay him off?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

According to TV3, Roddy Collins will constest the termination of his contract, and said the matter is now with his solictors. The Rovers board director wouldnt go into it, and said the reason for the termination was a "jigsaw" of events. I hope they have something on him, because Roddy is fairly ruthless in the bussines world.

Actually I dont hope they have something on him! Why should he be sacked? Give me the reasons. Rovers went down, granted but they had 8 points deducted, otherwise would have finished 8th, and also they lost half their team. How was he supposed to keep them up??

After all the gloated the Rovers did between 60's and 80's, its good to see them in Divison 1.

This is a man who chose to work for RTE analysing Derry-v-Pats while Dublin City and Cobh (either of whom Rovers were likely to be facing) were playing in the first division. How he has the guile to say he was commited to the club I do not know.

Commitment is not a word I would associate with Roddy Collins.

Good to see Roddy gone. Look at his last 3 teams; Carlisle, City; Rovers; who wiull take him on now? :) The sooner that man is away fromt he league the better, he is a plague upon it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement