Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin restaurants

• 26-11-2005 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

any ideas of a nice, comftorble but smart restaurant in central dublin..??

trying to organise a christmas dinner /night out for me and the girls, to sit back relax and just natter away..

any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Fitzers, Dawson St? There's a vast array of good eateries in Central Dublin. But getting an evening booking close to Christmas will require prompt action!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Sarsfield wrote:
    Fitzers, Dawson St? There's a vast array of good eateries in Central Dublin. But getting an evening booking close to Christmas will require prompt action!

ye fitzers is okay... just looking for something different... ye i know i gotta book quickly cause of the spec time im looking for..

any other ideas, would be very much appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stephenoleary

Milanos in the IFSC is a really nice palce, a little different with the river views, not too loud, and excellent food.

On another more random note, does anyone know of any restaurants looking for wait staff?

I was supposed to be starting somewhere last night but their wine licence fell through at the last minute.

Any news would be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

whodini wrote:
    On another more random note, does anyone know of any restaurants looking for wait staff?

Most of them I'd guess??

As for Milanos, it's a bit uninspired to say the least. If you're in the IFSC I'd recommend the vastly superior Il Fornaio, opposite the National College of Ireland. Exquisite pizza. Good, 100% Italian staff. Best espresso north of the river (and possibly best anywhere).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭COOKSTER

Personally I love the Chameleon. I think its Malaysian, they do a mixed menu for groups which means everyone gets to try a bit of everything. The party room is cool for a group of 10 - 20, sit around on cushions with your shoes off being pampered by lovely staff. They are very relaxed about sittings, my last birthday we spent around 5 hours there, great for chatting. It's a bit pricy for the food, but it's worth it for the comfort. Check out www.grabit.ie for dublin listings. I also like Konkan on Clanbrasil st and Il Baccaro in temple bar. Luigi Malones in Temple bar is a safe bet.
    Best of luck, just remember, it's near impossible to keep everyone happy
    C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Luigi Malone's in Temple Bar. Good spot if there's a group of you going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Luigi Malone's in Temple Bar. Good spot if there's a group of you going.

Thanks but been there many a time before, kinda looking for a change of scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Another vote for the Chameleon - although I think it might be Indonesian. DIVINE!

Advertisement